GETTYSBURG, PA--(Marketwired - July 08, 2016) - OPEN MINDS is excited to announce the faculty for the upcoming OPEN MINDS California Management Best Practices Institute, which will be held in San Diego, California on August 24-25, 2016. This two-day event is designed to help executives prepare their organizations for the system challenges facing the health and human service market and give organizations all the tools they need to develop a sustainable business model, built for long-term success. This year's institute is focused on providing the business best practices executives need to reinvent their organization for success during a time of system transformation.
"Many organizations faced with these challenges are hesitant to make big changes; but optimizing your strategy for the future requires rethinking core programs, looking for new opportunities for diversification, and considering new technologies," explains Monica Oss, OPEN MINDS Chief Executive Officer. "This year, we've brought together a skilled team with experience and expertise in the California market. The sessions will focus exclusively on the challenges facing California -- and the solutions executives need to build stronger, more competitive, high-performing organizations."
To drive the institute agenda, OPEN MINDS has assembled members of its expert consulting team and invited industry thought leaders with expertise in management best practices, in-depth knowledge of industry trends, and direct experience in the California health and human service market.
The institute will open with a keynote presentation, "Using Technology To Improve Consumer Access: Optum California's Investment In Telemental Health Initiatives, delivered by Deb Adler, Senior Vice President, Network Strategy, Optum Behavioral Health. Ken Bachrach, Ph.D., Clinical Director, Tarzana Treatment Centers, Daniel Fishbein, Ph.D., Vice President, Corporate Business Development, Jefferson Center for Mental Health, and Dennis Freeman, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Cherokee Health Systems will lead a panel discussion, "How Do You Develop & Manage An Integrated Primary Behavioral Health Practice: Lessons Learned From Executives Who Are Making It Work" on the second day of the institute. In addition, the institute will be led by a prestigious team of faculty, including:
- Wayne Clark, Ph.D., Executive Director, California Mental Health Services Authority
- Briana Duffy, MBA, LSW, Senior Vice President, National Client Partnerships, Beacon Health Options
- Cassandra Eslami, Managing Director of Mental Health, HealthRight 360
- Marco Giordano, CPA, Chief Financial Officer, Resources for Human Development
- Sandra Naylor Goodwin, Ph.D., MSW, President & CEO , California Institute for Behavioral Health Solutions (CIBHS)
- Marty Griffin, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Southern California Operations, ANKA Behavioral Health, Inc.
- Sharon Hicks, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Steve Hornberger, MSW, Director, Social Policy Institute, San Diego State University School of Social Work
- Anupam Khandelwal, Chief Executive Officer, SageSurfer
- Richard S. Knecht, MS, Transformation Manager, California Department of Healthcare Services, Department of Social Services
- Richard Louis, III, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Corey McCann, M.D., Ph.D., Founder & CEO, Pear Therapeutics
- Stephen Mouton, Psy.D., MBA, Clinical Psychologist & Policy Liaison , Los Angeles County Regional Center
- Joseph P. Naughton-Travers, EdM, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Monica E. Oss, Chief Executive Officer, OPEN MINDS
- Eve Phillips, Co-Founder & CEO, Empower Interactive, Inc.
- Steve Ramsland, Ed.D. Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Dyann Roth, MS, Chief Executive Officer, Resources for Human Development
- Judy Webber, LCSW, Deputy Director, Department of Children & Family Services, County of Ventura
More information about The 2016 OPEN MINDS California Management Best Practices Institute, including faculty biographies and a complete institute agenda, can be found online at: http://california.openminds.com/.
Discounted registration for The 2016 OPEN MINDS California Management Best Practices Institute are available through July 11, 2016. Seating is limited, and registrations will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. To register online or download a registration form, visit http://california.openminds.com/register/.
And be sure to book your rooms at the Marriott Mission Valley Hotel before July 25, 2016 to take advantage of our special conference room rate of $153 per night. For more information on the event hotel, visit http://california.openminds.com/venue/.
OPEN MINDS is a national strategic advisory firm specializing in the sectors of the health and human service industry serving individuals with complex support needs: mental health; addiction treatment; children and family services; intellectual and developmental disabilities; chronic disease management; long term care; social services; correctional health care, reentry and diversion; and juvenile justice.
Founded in 1987 and based in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the 75+ associates believe by providing the latest market intelligence and management best practices to organizations serving the health and social support needs of the most vulnerable consumers, those organizations will be better able to provide efficient and effective services. Learn more at www.openminds.com.