NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Dec 10, 2012) - OPTIER, the leader in Application Performance Management (APM) and providing end-to-end Contextual Big Data, analyzing billions of transactions and capturing over 250 billion metrics per day, today announced it has moved its corporate headquarters from Times Square to the 65th floor of the Empire State Building, topping off a year of unprecedented growth.
"2012 has been a tremendous year for OpTier," said Mark Thompson, CEO of OpTier. "Our unprecedented growth has been driven by the market need to do what we've always done best -- capturing business transactions in context across the silos, enabling IT to optimize application performance and simplify Big Data analysis. We've brought in the right people to drive this growth and bring customers the solutions they need to address today's biggest IT challenges."
OpTier is a well-funded privately held company with investors including Carmel Ventures, Cisco, Gemini Israel Funds, Index Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Morgan Stanley, Pitango Venture Capital and Plenus. It was founded in 2002 and has proven itself to be an innovative company with exceptional Israeli talent in R&D.
OpTier's patented Active Context Tracking (ACT™) technology, on which is industry-leading APM solution and Big Data Analytics platform are based, tracks every interaction from the end-user, through the data center, through the cloud, with virtually no overhead.
OpTier Reaches New Heights in 2012
- OpTier began the year with a major rebranding of the company to reflect the need for APM solutions to support "always-on" business.
- OpTier introduced OpTier APM 4.5, bringing a new dimension of analytics to APM and extending diagnostics in a single, cloud-ready product.
- OpTier named Mark Thompson CEO, taking the helm at a time when OpTier customers sought solutions to address IT challenges such as Big Data, the Cloud and Mobile Computing.
- The company received several industry accolades, including a Finalist for the Golden Bridge Awards for Product Innovation and Winner for Network Products Guide in the "Best Business Transaction Management" product category.
- Leading industry analyst firm Ovum recommended clients to short-list OpTier for APM.
- OpTier announced OpTier APM 5.0, a single solution delivering real-time business transaction analytics with deep diagnostics, resulting in greater visibility and productivity gains for IT and business executives.
- OpTier expanded into Big Data in 2012, applying its years of experience in capturing business transactions in context, when it introduced OpTier Big Data Analytics (BDA).
- OpTier rebranded the corporate look and feel by taking a fresh, minimalistic approach to modernize its logo and overall brand.
- OpTier announced support for PeopleSoft environment and Microsoft .NET deep diagnostics as part of OpTier APM 5.1.
"The culture of our company is built around a customer-centric approach. We believe in delivering value quickly, solving real customer problems and we are not afraid to quantify and measure the impact and return on investment. Customers have told me how refreshing and differentiated our approach is and this is the secret to OpTier's success," said Thompson. "Combining our culture, our world class team and a constant stream of innovation, I know we are poised for an outstanding 2013."
OpTier, headquartered in New York, is the leader in APM and Big Data Analytics, analyzing billions of business transactions and capturing over 250 billion metrics per day. With transactions in its DNA, OpTier has given the market an award-winning Application Performance Management solution, an industry-leading Big Data Analytics platform, and creates contextual big data that drives transformational initiatives like business impact analysis, CIO prioritization, data center consolidation and virtual and cloud migrations. This actionable intelligence provides global 1000 customers such as Deutsche Bank, Frontier Communications, Morgan Stanley and O2, insights that drive business growth, operational productivity and customer satisfaction.