SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Mar 18, 2014) - Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Millions of organizations around the world trust MySQL to power their business critical web, cloud and embedded applications. To provide these organizations with education and networking opportunities, Oracle OpenWorld, taking place September 29 - October 2, 2014 in San Francisco, is hosting MySQL Connect @ OpenWorld. This focused content represents a unique opportunity to hear directly from Oracle's MySQL engineers about the latest features, enhancements and plans, and enables MySQL customers, partners and community members to network and share best practices and success stories. MySQL users are encouraged to submit speaking proposals and share their insights. The call for proposals is open through April 15, 2014.
- Oracle today announced that the call for proposals for MySQL Connect @ OpenWorld 2014 is now open. Part of Oracle OpenWorld 2014, MySQL Connect @ OpenWorld will be held September 29 - October 2, 2014 in San Francisco.
- MySQL customers, partners and community members are encouraged to submit proposals to present best practices, case studies and insights gained working with the world's most popular open source database. Proposals can be submitted for conference sessions, Birds-of-a-Feather sessions and tutorials.
- MySQL Connect @ OpenWorld will feature five tracks:
- Performance and Scalability
- High Availability and Replication
- Cloud and Big Data
- Database Administration and DevOps
- Architecture and Application Development
- Details and submission guidelines are available at: http://www.oracle.com/openworld/call-for-papers/index.html#general. The call for proposals will be open until April 15, 2014.
- More information and registration will be available in the coming weeks.
- "In addition to learning about the latest MySQL developments, MySQL Connect @ OpenWorld allows you to share your insights and network with other MySQL users at Oracle OpenWorld," said Calvin Sun, Senior Engineering Manager at Twitter.
- "MySQL is at the forefront of today's hottest technologies including, web, cloud and big data," said Tomas Ulin, Vice President of MySQL Engineering at Oracle. "MySQL Connect @ OpenWorld provides a tremendous opportunity to share insights and best practices for building next-generation applications while allowing attendees to network with Oracle's MySQL engineers and some of the best MySQL professionals in the world."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.