SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
ATLANTA, GA--(Marketwired - May 13, 2014) - OpenStack Summit -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Oracle today introduced a technology preview of an OpenStack® distribution that allows Oracle Linux and Oracle VM users to work with the open source cloud software. This provides customers with additional choices and interoperability while taking advantage of the efficiency, performance, scalability, and security of Oracle Linux and Oracle VM. The distribution is delivered as part of the Oracle Linux and Oracle VM Premier Support offerings, at no additional cost. Oracle plans to work with the OpenStack community to develop and enhance its enterprise-class capabilities to meet customer demands.
- Oracle today announced support for customers to use OpenStack cloud software with Oracle Linux and Oracle VM.
- Users can install this OpenStack technology preview in their test environments with the latest version of Oracle Linux and the beta release of Oracle VM 3.3.
- Customers can use Oracle Linux as the base operating system for OpenStack deployments where they can take advantage of the advanced patching capabilities of Oracle Ksplice.
- OpenStack services such as compute, network, and storage management, can be downloaded from the Oracle Public Yum Server and Unbreakable Linux Network (ULN).
- Oracle Linux and Oracle VM customers who deploy the product release of this OpenStack distribution can also benefit from Oracle's enterprise-class support experience.
- Oracle is participating in this week's OpenStack Summit in Atlanta, Georgia. Attendees can visit booth D14 to learn more.
- "Oracle is working closely with the OpenStack community across many areas," said Wim Coekaerts, senior vice president, Linux and Virtualization Engineering, Oracle. "Oracle will continue to help deliver OpenStack capabilities to enable our customers to more efficiently deploy, manage and support their large Oracle data center deployments."
- "We are excited to see the OpenStack eco-system growing," said Mark Collier, chief operating officer, OpenStack Foundation. "As Oracle and others integrate OpenStack into enterprise IT environments, users will have new choices for deploying OpenStack in their data centers."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This document is for informational purposes only and may not be incorporated into a contract or agreement.