SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Sep 4, 2013) - Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Today's fiscal reality and the US Federal government's Cloud First policy require government agencies to consider cloud computing as a means to improve IT flexibility and responsiveness, while reducing the cost and risk involved in technology deployment and management. Oracle launched Oracle Government Cloud to give its government customers more agility and options as they move mission-critical applications to the cloud, enabling them to focus on improving operational efficiency and enhancing constituent service.
- Oracle today announced the availability of the Oracle Government Cloud, a comprehensive, flexible and cost effective suite of cloud applications and solutions that extends Oracle's cloud presence with a secure offering built specifically for government. The Oracle Government Cloud is deploying innovative solutions and seeking required authorizations designed to provide government agencies more agility and options as they manage operations and deliver constituent services.
- Solutions available today through the Oracle Government Cloud -- including Oracle Service Cloud, Oracle RightNow Policy Automation and Oracle Learn Cloud -- will help agencies streamline a breadth of business processes, from financial and human resources management to customer service and project management.
- Oracle Government Cloud will enable agencies to leverage multiple service options -- with Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings available today and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) coming soon -- to meet their unique needs.
- Oracle Government Cloud provides the premier product, support and services government agencies need to transition to the cloud, while addressing the demanding and unique security, compliance and operational requirements of the public sector.
- Oracle owns, manages and certifies the underlying technology for Oracle Government Cloud, providing customers with the extreme performance, scalability, availability and security needed to run mission-critical, government-specific solutions.
- Oracle Government Cloud is an Oracle Cloud solution, delivering a broad and complete portfolio of public, private and hybrid cloud offerings.
"With Oracle Government Cloud, Oracle provides government organizations with a secure, flexible platform that helps them realize new efficiencies, respond quickly to changes in legislation and policy and deliver excellent constituent service," said Adelaide O'Brien, Research Director, IDC Government Insights.
"We are very excited to meet our public sector customers' demands for a highly secure, robust suite of cloud solutions built for government. The maturity and transparency of the standards-based Oracle Government Cloud will enable agencies to confidently move mission-critical government applications to the cloud without compromising security, performance, or reliability. We are committed to helping agencies enhance operational efficiency through the cloud," said Mark Johnson, senior vice president, Oracle Public Sector.
Oracle Government Cloud
Oracle Policy Automation
Oracle Public Sector
Oracle Public Sector on Facebook
Oracle Public Sector on Twitter
Oracle Public Sector on Diigo
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to public sector, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.