SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 2, 2014) - Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Continuing its leadership in enterprise-class database solutions, Oracle announced Oracle NoSQL Database 3.0. With this latest release, Oracle offers developers an enhanced NoSQL solution for building high performance, next generation applications. The combination of security, availability, scalability, and data model flexibility delivers a comprehensive high performance NoSQL solution for application developers.
- Available today, Oracle NoSQL Database 3.0 is the latest version of Oracle's distributed key-value database, designed to simplify the development of next generation applications, while enabling greater security and availability for real-time, web-scale, workloads.
- The enhancements to Oracle NoSQL Database 3.0 extend the security, usability, and performance required to support enterprise development and IT needs, including:
- Increased Security: OS-independent, cluster-wide password-based user authentication and Oracle Wallet integration enables greater protection from unauthorized access to sensitive data. Additionally, session-level Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption and network port restrictions deliver greater protection from network intrusion.
- Usability and Ease of Development: Support for tabular data models simplifies application design and enables seamless integration with familiar SQL-based applications. Secondary indexing delivers dramatically improved performance for queries.
- Data Center Performance Enhancements: Automatic failover to metro-area secondary data centers enables greater business continuity for applications. Secondary server zones can also be used to offload read-only workloads, like analytics, report generation, and data exchange for improved workload management.
- Oracle NoSQL Database 3.0 Enterprise Edition and Oracle NoSQL Database 3.0 Community Edition are now available for download via the Oracle Technology Network. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
- "As the leading provider of data management solutions, Oracle is committed to providing customers with the most comprehensive solutions to address the evolving needs of enterprise data management including NoSQL," said Andrew Mendelsohn, Executive Vice President, Database Server Technologies, Oracle. "Oracle NoSQL 3.0 helps organizations fill the gap in skills, security and performance by delivering the industry's best enterprise-class NoSQL database that empowers database developers and DBAs to easily, intuitively and securely build and deploy next-generation applications with confidence."
- "The new release of Oracle NoSQL Database adds compelling value for developers and IT, like security and data center monitoring enhancements which are critical for enterprise deployments. For WebAction's data center automation application, we need to have a robust NoSQL back end data store and Oracle NoSQL Database is a natural fit. The new table model and indexing features are also a welcome addition to the latest release, and we plan to take advantage of these features," said Alok Pareek, Founder and Executive Vice President, WebAction.
- "Oracle NoSQL already forms a critical component of our production environments, and the enhancements in this new version take the product to a new level. We are particularly excited about the secondary indexes and table functionality, and how this will provide significant productivity and performance gains, as well as simplifying the code we use. In addition the security enhancements allow us to ensure that we can meet the stringent security requirements demanded by our client base," said James Anthony, Technology Director, e-DBA.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.