SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 18, 2014) - Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Organizations that align operational resources with strategic priorities through integrated planning, budgeting and forecasting can substantially improve productivity and profitability. Yet adopting these best practice planning processes has been a challenge for businesses that rely on spreadsheets or disconnected point solutions. To help organizations harness the power of integrated financial planning and budgeting quickly and cost-effectively, Oracle has released Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service, democratizing access to world-class planning and performance management.
- Oracle today announced the general availability of its first enterprise performance management (EPM) solution offered in the cloud, Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service, part of the Oracle Enterprise Planning Cloud portfolio.
- As the most robust financial planning application in the cloud, Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service opens up opportunities for organizations of all sizes to quickly adopt a world-class planning and budgeting solution with no CAPEX infrastructure investments, driving alignment beyond finance across the enterprise, with flexible deployment options and virtually no learning curve.
- Part of Oracle Cloud, Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service builds upon the robust and proven functionality of Oracle Hyperion Planning, which includes agile forecasting, predictive planning, rich scenario analysis and interactive dashboards, by incorporating cloud-specific enhancements that:
- Accelerate Deployments: Pre-built starter kits, intuitive application creation wizards, best practice design guides, interactive online help/tutorials and migration tools allow organizations to deploy robust planning applications in weeks, accelerating time-to-value.
- Enable Adoption: With role-based interfaces and powerful Microsoft Office integration, users can perform planning, reporting and analysis via the Web interface or in Microsoft Excel, leveraging existing user competencies.
- Simplify Administration and Maintenance: Built-in run time diagnostics for optimal design, automated scaling based on user demand, scheduled maintenance and managed software updates add operational efficiency and simplify application administration.
- "Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service will provide tremendous value to our customers, by removing obstacles such as IT hardware and software requirements associated with implementing a world-class planning and budgeting application," said Chris Boulanger, vice president, EPM Practice, Cervello. "The Oracle solution is extremely flexible, scalable and feature-rich with functionality on par with the Oracle Hyperion Planning on-premises offering."
- "Since we previewed Oracle Planning and Budget Cloud Service to customers and partners last year, we've seen a tremendous interest in adopting cloud-based solutions to streamline budgeting and improve forecasting," said Hari Sankar, vice president of product management at Oracle. "Today's general availability reflects our commitment to helping organizations of all sizes harness world-class enterprise performance management in the delivery model of their choice."
Oracle Cloud Solutions
Oracle provides the industry's broadest and most complete portfolio of public, private and hybrid cloud offerings. Oracle Cloud delivers a broad suite of subscription-based, enterprise-grade Application, Social, Platform, and Infrastructure Services. Oracle also provides a comprehensive portfolio of Managed Cloud Services for Oracle applications and technology deployed in a private cloud, and cloud products for customers looking to build and manage their own clouds.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.