SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 31, 2013) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Today, Oracle introduced support for Android with Oracle Virtual Desktop Client 1.2 for tablets.
- Android support adds to the portfolio of Oracle Virtual Desktop Client software for iPad, Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, which enables access to Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Sun Ray Software deployments and helps customers to deliver on corporate Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiatives.
- Oracle Virtual Desktop Client 1.2 for tablets provides new and enhanced touchscreen gestures and support for Retina displays on newer iPads.
- Additionally, Oracle announced Oracle Virtual Desktop Client 3.2 for desktop PCs, which now supports Windows 8 and provides enhanced support for USB peripherals.
Expanded Support for the Diverse Mobile Enterprise
- New features of Oracle Virtual Desktop Client 1.2 for tablets include:
- Android support: includes support for the latest Android 4.x tablets, providing Android users the same access to Oracle desktop virtualization deployments as iOS users;
- Optimized touchscreen interface: on-screen keyboard enhancements speed access to extended keys and maximize the screen viewing area. New gestures provide faster access to frequently used client functions;
- Faster connections: one-click shortcuts to previously connected desktops makes it easy to switch from one virtual desktop to another;
- Enhanced user productivity: provides administrator-managed copy and paste features between the local tablet and remote desktop;
- Higher screen resolution: includes support for the higher screen resolution of iPads with Retina display.
- Oracle Virtual Desktop Client 3.2 for desktop PCs offers:
- Support for Microsoft Windows 8: allows users to access enterprise applications from new Microsoft Windows 8 desktop clients, even if the application requires earlier versions of Internet Explorer;
- Virtual environment access to client connected USB peripherals: provides users the ability to access a broad range of locally attached USB devices from their virtual desktop environment.
- "Enterprise adoption of mobile devices is expanding rapidly and users want access to their desktop applications from anywhere," said Wim Coekaerts, senior vice president, Linux and Virtualization Engineering, Oracle. "The new Oracle Virtual Desktop Client for Android and enhancements for iPad and other platforms help organizations provide mobile workers with secure access to their applications and data."
About Oracle Virtual Desktop Clients
- Oracle Virtual Desktop Clients, part of Oracle's complete desktop to data center virtualization portfolio and certified with browser-based Oracle Applications, increase the productivity of mobile workforces by allowing users to easily and securely access their virtual desktops, data, and applications from popular devices, from any location, at any time.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.