SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
BARCELONA, SPAIN--(Marketwired - Feb 24, 2014) - MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Oracle announced the latest release of the Oracle Communications Network Resource Management solution to support accurate and optimized network operations. The solution includes the latest releases of Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management, Oracle Communications Network Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management, Oracle Communications Network Integrity and Oracle Communications Network Intelligence.
- The latest release of Oracle Communications Network Resource Management enables network operators to:
- Optimize network capacity utilization in multi-layer Ethernet and Optical transport networks by enabling network operators to easily add and remove capacity as well as automatically reroute affected connections between channels, facilities and devices in Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management
- Automatically reconcile network inventory discrepancies with the live network -- using Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management and Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution -- to help reduce the need to complete expensive, time-consuming manual inventory validations
- Execute sophisticated network analytics -- including comparing the costs of various network planning and routing scenarios -- with a new data transformation loader, which synchronizes network data from Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management to Oracle Communications Network Intelligence to provide complete network visualization, analysis, forecasting and optimization
- Gain full insight into network inventory information through a set of new and enhanced reports -- such as network device utilization and the allocation of customer services resources -- using Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher
- As part of the Oracle Communications operational support systems (OSS) suite, the Oracle Communications Network Resource Management solution has been certified on a consistent and contemporary technical platform that supports Oracle Solaris and Oracle Linux operating systems, Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Database. It also supports virtually seamless upgrades from earlier versions for easier and consistent incorporation of new technology, security and performance updates.
- Network operators may deploy the entire Oracle Communications Network Resource Management solution or selectively implement specific applications in a modular fashion and integrate third party components. The solution suite is built to support the TM Forum's "Resource Management & Operations Support and Readiness" business process framework -- which helps provide integrated management across applications, computing and network resources -- and the "Fixed Asset Lifecycle Management" business process -- which helps ensure correct documentation of all fixed assets.
- "This latest release of the Oracle Communications Network Resource Management solution demonstrates Oracle's continued investment to provide our customers with an integrated, product-based solution for network resource management. The solution helps reduce complexity and cost and provides the accurate foundation for the rapid launch and efficient delivery of revenue generating services," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
About Oracle Communications
Oracle Communications solutions span the communications industry landscape -- from cross-channel customer experience and business and operational support systems, to network service and session delivery and control solutions -- enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver and monetize innovative digital lifestyle services, build strong customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.