SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 11, 2012) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help growing midsize businesses rapidly achieve agility through modern enterprise-class application deployments, Oracle today announced the expanded availability of Oracle Business Accelerators for Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and new Oracle Business Accelerators for the Industrial Manufacturing and Engineering and Construction industries.
- Available through Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), and in some locations Oracle Consulting, Oracle Business Accelerators are powerful, easy-to-use, cloud-based rapid implementation tools developed by Oracle to get customers up and running on a wide range of Oracle Applications, both quickly and reliably.
- Oracle Business Accelerators for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne are used by Oracle Accelerate partners to offer midsized companies a flexible, reliable approach to swiftly implement JD Edwards EnterpriseOne as part of their Oracle Accelerate solutions.
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is an integrated applications suite of comprehensive enterprise resource planning (ERP) software that combines business value, standards-based technology, and deep industry experience into a business solution with a low total cost of ownership.
Increased Geographic Availability, Enhanced Efficiencies
- The Oracle Business Accelerator for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne delivers new expanded availability and further efficiencies with 25 end-to-end business flows across 12 modules including Financials, Procurement, Order Management, Inventory Management, and Manufacturing and Maintenance. New tools are ideal for growing businesses looking for the fastest time to benefit:
- Expense Management enables businesses to easily manage and audit employee expense reports.
- Customer Self-Service supports the administration and approval of customer disputes.
- Capital Asset Management helps maintain and service equipment, reduce downtime and repair costs, increase productivity and improve product quality.
- The New Oracle Business Accelerator for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is available immediately in 14 countries: Australia, Canada, Egypt, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sweden, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and the United States.
- Oracle Business Accelerators for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne are also available in China, Colombia, France, Italy, Germany and Spain.
New Industry Functionality Optimizes Performance, Reduces Project Complexity
Additionally, Oracle introduced two new versions of Oracle Business Accelerators for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, one for Industrial Manufacturing and one for the Engineering and Construction industry. Each are equipped with business flow-based configurations, designed to meet the rapidly evolving needs of growing businesses.
- The Oracle Business Accelerator for Industrial Manufacturing is optimized with key business flows, suitable for industrial manufacturing organizations looking to optimize supply-chain performance.
- Enhanced management of project related expenditures, milestone based billing and profit recognition based on project completion percentage. This offers an accurate account of ongoing project related costs, helping manufacturers stay on time and on budget.
- 29 end-to-end, cloud-based business flows, covering 16 JD Edwards EnterpriseOne modules, including Manufacturing Management, which employs Engineer To Order (ETO) and Capital Asset Management tools. This enables industrial manufacturers to quickly optimize supply chain performance with scheduled to build and discrete business flow functionality.
- The Oracle Business Accelerator for Engineering and Construction is designed with vital business flows for project-centric engineering and construction firms looking to not only improve financial management, but also project risk and complexity.
- Streamlined control of project related expenditures, sub-contractor billing and change request management, and eased execution of various maintenance work order types including planned, unplanned, emergency and provisional, are designed to incorporate maintenance costs into projects easily and accurately.
- 18 end-to-end business flows, covering 11 Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne modules, such as Project Costing using Job Cost, Contract and Service Billing, and Capital Asset Management allow firms to reduce risk and complexity with project expenditure to revenue recognition business flows.
- "Manufacturers of all sizes require specialized tools to support complex supply chain and financial management activities, and our clients tell us the biggest barrier to ERP transformation is the perceived implementation time and risk," said Kalanithi Venkatesan, president, CAPSCIENT. "With cloud-based configuration tools, the new Oracle Business Accelerators for Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne make implementations even easier, so our clients can immediately benefit from Oracle's enterprise-class software."
- "Modern ERP solutions are a huge competitive advantage for organizations working to sustain business growth," said Steve Cox, vice president, Oracle Accelerate for Midsize Companies. "The new business flows and modules available in Oracle Business Accelerators for Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne will help midsize businesses rapidly adopt tier-1 ERP that is powerful enough to handle today's business needs, while ensuring the flexibility for future growth."
About Oracle Accelerate
Oracle Accelerate provides simple to deploy, packaged, enterprise-class software solutions to growing midsize organizations through Oracle's network of expert partners. Created by Oracle's expert partners, Oracle Accelerate solutions are simple to deploy, industry-specific packaged solutions, designed for fast time to benefit, which means getting the right solution in place quickly, inexpensively and with a controlled scope and predictable returns. The best Oracle Accelerate Solutions are based on Oracle Business Accelerators, which are powerful, cloud-based rapid implementation tools developed and maintained by Oracle to get you up and running on a wide range of Oracle Applications, both quickly and reliably. Oracle has more than 280,000 midsize customers who buy Oracle to grow. To find out more, visit www.oracle.com/accelerate.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology that advances performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications are built upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.