SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 18, 2013) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help organizations improve decision making and drive efficiencies in project processes, Oracle today announced the availability of a new release of Oracle's Primavera P6 Analytics.
- Oracle's Primavera P6 Analytics 3.1 is a configurable business intelligence solution that enables organizations to reduce project risk by accelerating analysis and increasing project control.
- The latest release includes an expanded range of key industry metrics that provide critical support for off-line and on-line maintenance projects, deliver day-to-day project tracking, and enable early risk identification.
- By capturing the daily history from any project managed by Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Portfolio Management solution, Oracle's Primavera P6 Analytics 3.1 provides project stakeholders with key trending information and deeper insights into the performance of projects and portfolios.
- In addition, the valuable project insights delivered by Oracle's Primavera P6 Analytics complement and enhance project, portfolio and resource information managed in Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Portfolio Management solution.
Powerful Analysis Out of the Box
- Oracle's Primavera P6 Analytics 3.1 is part of Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Portfolio Management (EPPM) suite of products, a leading EPPM solution for project-intensive industries.
- The latest release of Oracle's Primavera P6 Analytics includes:
- Advanced Risk Identification and Mitigation for Asset-Intensive Industries allow companies to:
- Ensure on-line and off-line maintenance projects stay on track by immediately identifying and course correcting any risks to the schedule.
- Track work planning metrics using out-of-the-box key performance indicators (KPIs) based on INPO AP-928 work process metrics. AP-928 metrics are used by United States nuclear power operators and provide more standardized and stringent project management practices.
- Daily History-Driven Trending Analytics allow companies to:
- Track daily historical data so that project managers, the PMO, and executives can view and respond to more robust and informative trending analysis.
- Compare project performance on a day-to-day basis - What activities were supposed to start? What activities actually started? Were new activities added to the schedule?
- Trend not only on performance data, but also changes to dimensional values, such as activity names, data dates, or code values.
- User Experience Enhancements:
- Leverage new UDF support for resource and resource assignments as well as date and text types to gain greater insight into projects, activities, and resources.
- Analyze project data at any level of a global project, activity, or resource code, regardless of the number of code levels configured in P6 EPPM. This will provide broader visibility and deeper understanding of projects and portfolios based on key customer-defined attributes.
- Optionally, update the out-of-the-box ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) calculations to meet specific business requirements.
- "For project managers in any industry, it's important to know how projects are performing day-to-day, and to identify risk at the earliest opportunity. For those managing large and complex assets, it's absolutely essential," said Yasser Mahmud, Vice President, Product Strategy & Industry Marketing, Oracle's Primavera Global Business Unit. "With the new capabilities included in the latest release of Oracle's Primavera P6 Analytics, we are able to help organizations reduce risk by accelerating analysis and increasing project control. This complements and enhances project, portfolio and resource information and will enable customers to improve decision making and drive efficiencies in project processes."
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.