SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Feb 20, 2013) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle Health Sciences today introduced Oracle Health Sciences Mobile Clinical Research Associate, which uses the power of mobile applications to help life sciences organizations compress clinical study cycle times and reduce costs by improving site monitoring efficiency and clinical research associate (CRA) productivity.
- The mobile app, designed specifically for field use, is integrated with Oracle's Siebel Clinical Trial Management System and Oracle Health Sciences Clinical Development Analytics to provide CRAs with real-time access to essential clinical trial information, decision support data, and comprehensive trip reports in either offline or connected modes.
- Site-at-a-glance capabilities provide study site performance indicators in a single view so CRAs have up-to-date site progress information at their fingertips, enabling more efficient, proactive planning and more productive site visits.
- Study and site alerts notify CRAs of key milestones, activities and potential problems for the study sites they are monitoring, enabling them to respond quickly to emerging issues.
- The solution's study site check-in feature automatically captures traveling CRAs' site check-in details via geo-location capabilities and incorporates the information into the trip report, streamlining documentation for regulatory compliance.
- Oracle Health Sciences Mobile Clinical Research Associate runs natively on iOS and is now available for Apple iPhone or Apple iPad via the Apple iTunes Store.
- "With the increased pressure to reduce the time and cost of clinical trials, organizations need to optimize efficiency at every level. Unfortunately, despite the labor-intensive and critical role CRAs perform, most are still using traditional and antiquated tools to do their job. Oracle Health Sciences Mobile Clinical Research Associate is designed specifically to help CRAs improve productivity and lighten their load by enabling them to manage their responsibilities using a single mobile device," said Neil de Crescenzo, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Health Sciences.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to health sciences, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.