SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 24, 2012) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced that it has been named the global market leader in service fulfillment by leading industry analyst firm, Analysys Mason, in its report, "Service Fulfillment Systems: Worldwide Market Shares 2011".
- In a highly competitive and consolidating market that is expected to grow to almost US$3.5 billion by 2015(1), Oracle has become the solution of choice for communications service providers (CSPs) to plan, build and optimize their networks, rapidly design and launch new services and efficiently deliver customer orders.
- Oracle is ranked as the leader in both overall market share and product-related services revenue in the report. Of the top six suppliers by market share in the report, Oracle was the only one to grow its overall market share from 2010 to 2011.
- The report identifies the leaders in the service fulfillment systems market and provides suppliers' worldwide market shares in a number of sub-categories. Oracle is credited as a market leader in the Activation, Order Management and Inventory Management categories, as well as having a "notable presence" in the Engineering Tools category.
- As further evidence of Oracle's global prominence in the service fulfillment market, throughout 2011, numerous customers selected or deployed solutions based on Oracle Communications Service Fulfillment portfolio, including SKY Brasil, Telefonica Germany, Turkcell Superonline, LG U+, KT and Colt.
- Oracle Communications' suite of service fulfillment products includes Oracle Communications Network Resource Management and Oracle Communications Rapid Service Design and Order Delivery.
- "Oracle's emergence as the overall global service fulfillment market leader is the result of its standards-based productized solutions, its sales reach, global reputation -- especially in emerging markets -- and its willingness to take an increasingly active role in major transformation programs within large CSPs," said Mark Mortensen, principal analyst, Analysys Mason.
- "We continue to provide pre-integrated, commercial-off-the-shelf-based service fulfillment solutions, which may be deployed in a standalone manner or as part of an end-to-end BSS/OSS stack. These solutions enable our customers to rapidly deploy next generation services and technologies, streamline and automate order delivery and network engineering processes as well as increase operational efficiencies," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
(1) Analysys Mason "Service fulfilment systems: worldwide forecast 2011-2015," by Mark H. Mortensen, October, 2011.
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.