SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 1, 2012) - ORACLE OPENWORLD 2012 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Further extending its commitment to the mobile workforce, Oracle today announced Oracle's PeopleSoft Mobile Expenses, Oracle's PeopleSoft Mobile Approvals and Oracle's PeopleSoft Mobile Company Directory.
- The new PeopleSoft mobile applications provide today's mobile workforce with real-time access to critical business information by providing an intuitive user experience that delivers constant access to key enterprise processes and analytics via the desktop, smartphones or tablet devices.
- The mobile applications take advantage of HTML5 and CSS 3 and do not require downloads, making it easier for IT teams to deploy and administer a low cost solution for their end users.
- Each of the PeopleSoft mobile applications are available with the current PeopleSoft 9.1 release at no additional cost to current customers and require no additional software or middleware, as long as the user already has the corresponding PeopleSoft application.
- There is no complex provisioning or versioning to deal with from an apps store. Users simply log in using their standard PeopleSoft permissions, to an intuitive, touch optimized, user experience geared toward their smart phone or tablet device.
- With each of these new mobile applications, managers and employees can engage in processes with a high degree of portability. For example, an employee could start logging expenses on their smart phone while traveling, make updates on their laptop in the office, and submit the report for approval from a tablet from their home.
- All versions of PeopleSoft are fully supported on the iPad, enabling customers to access any version of PeopleSoft applications anywhere and at any time through the intuitive iPad user interface.
New PeopleSoft Mobile Applications Deliver Access to Critical Business Data Anytime, Anywhere
- Oracle's PeopleSoft applications provide comprehensive business and industry solutions, enabling organizations to increase productivity, accelerate business performance, and allow a lower cost of ownership.
- The new PeopleSoft mobile applications include:
- Mobile Expenses: Working in conjunction with PeopleSoft Expenses, the new mobile application supports the full expense lifecycle for employees and managers, while also allowing users to easily transition from a desktop environment to mobile device as needed to complete transactions.
- Mobile Approvals: Can save time and improve efficiencies by streamlining the review and approval process for requests such as requisitions, purchase orders, expenses, vouchers, and general ledger journals.
- Mobile Company Directory: Improves productivity by providing a powerful tool for locating, connecting, and collaborating with talent across the entire organization.
- "Oracle's PeopleSoft continues to improve its feature functionality on mobile platforms with the rollout of a mobile company directory," said Greg Brigman, HRIS manager, Sonoco. "As a member of the customer advisory board and several focus groups, we are pleased to provide input to PeopleSoft and be a part of the initial product development regarding mobile platforms."
- "The mobile interface developed for Oracle's PeopleSoft Financials will enable tablet users to perform many tasks quickly and easily without having to access a workstation," said Dave Baugh, Finance Director, University of Louisville.
- "Users today demand solutions that work seamlessly between their desktop and mobile devices as they want the convenience, speed and flexibility of anytime/anywhere connectivity," said Paco Aubrejuan, senior vice president, Oracle's PeopleSoft Applications. "The latest mobile applications for Oracle's PeopleSoft further demonstrate Oracle's commitment to providing workers on-the-go with access to real-time business data on the most popular mobile platforms available. By leveraging these mobile applications, our customers are able to streamline workflow, expense reporting and improve collaboration across the organization leveraging their existing PeopleSoft investment."
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which draws more than 50,000 attendees from over 140 countries, offers more than 2,100 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 450 partners and customers showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure -- all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2012 is being held September 30-October 4 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information, please visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions and more live on YouTube. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter, Facebook and the Oracle OpenWorld Blog.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This document is for informational purposes only and may not be incorporated into a contract or agreement.