SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA and PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 10, 2012) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) and Cloudera, a leader in Apache Hadoop-based software and services for the enterprise, today announced a joint agreement to provide an Apache Hadoop distribution and tools for Oracle Big Data Appliance. Oracle has integrated Cloudera's Distribution Including Apache Hadoop (CDH) and Cloudera Manager software into Oracle Big Data Appliance, an engineered system designed to provide high performance and scalable data processing environment for Big Data. Together, Oracle and Cloudera deliver the full power of Hadoop on an easy-to-deploy, easy-to-use platform.
- Oracle Big Data Appliance is an engineered system of hardware and software that incorporates Cloudera's Distribution including Apache Hadoop and Cloudera Manager, an open source distribution of R, Oracle NoSQL Database Community Edition, Oracle HotSpot Java Virtual Machine and Oracle Linux running on Oracle's Sun servers.
- Cloudera's Distribution Including Apache Hadoop (CDH) is an enterprise-ready, 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop. Drawing from the innovations of a diverse open source community, CDH is the most reliable, secure and widely deployed commercial distribution of Apache Hadoop for the enterprise.
- The integrated Oracle and Cloudera architecture has been fully tested and validated by Oracle, who will also collaborate with Cloudera to provide support for Oracle Big Data Appliance.
- Oracle today also announced Oracle Big Data Connectors, a portfolio of software products that enables customers to easily integrate data stored in CDH Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) or Oracle NoSQL Database with Oracle Database 11g.
- Leveraging Cloudera technology as part of the Oracle Big Data Appliance complements Oracle's end-to-end solution for Big Data. Together with Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine, Oracle Big Data Appliance and Oracle Big Data Connectors deliver everything customers need to acquire, organize and analyze Big Data within the context of all their enterprise data.
- "The blending of Oracle Big Data Appliance with CDH and Cloudera Manager is a natural and highly complementary fit. Together, our products form an exceptional solution that is poised to transform the marketplace," said Mike Olson, co-founder and CEO of Cloudera. "Cloudera is delighted to be teaming with Oracle to deliver the first engineered system designed to make Apache Hadoop work together with Oracle's product stack to address the most demanding analytic workloads."
- "As the leader in Apache Hadoop-based data platforms, Cloudera has the enterprise quality and expertise that make them the right choice to work with on Oracle Big Data Appliance," said Andy Mendelsohn, senior vice president, Oracle Server Technologies. "Cloudera offers mature, reliable, and innovative products and services and we look forward to working with them to deliver the industry's most complete Big Data solution for our customers."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Cloudera, the leader in Apache Hadoop-based software and services, enables data driven enterprises to easily derive business value from all their structured and unstructured data. Cloudera's Distribution Including Apache Hadoop (CDH), available to download for free at www.cloudera.com/downloads, is the most comprehensive, tested, stable and widely deployed distribution of Hadoop in commercial and non-commercial environments. For the fastest path to reliably using this completely open source technology in production for Big Data analytics and answering previously un-addressable big questions, organizations can subscribe to Cloudera Enterprise, comprised of Cloudera Manager software and Cloudera Support. Cloudera also offers consulting services, training and certification on Apache technologies. www.cloudera.com
Connect with Cloudera
Read the blog: http://www.cloudera.com/blog/
Follow on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cloudera
Visit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudera
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.