SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 16, 2012) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Today, Oracle announced general availability of a new release of Oracle Secure Global Desktop, a highly scalable and reliable application access solution that provides secure, browser-based access to applications hosted in the data center, from a wide variety of client devices.
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop 4.7 improves the user experience through support for multi-monitor configurations, richer graphics and audio; delivers out of the box security; expands the list of supported server operating system and Internet browser versions; and supports faster deployment through Oracle VM Templates.
- Supporting the industry's broadest range of server-based applications, including Web-based applications from Oracle and other vendors, and standard Windows, Linux, UNIX, and legacy applications, Oracle Secure Global Desktop helps lower the risk, time and cost of delivering applications to the enterprise.
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop is part of Oracle Virtualization, the industry's most comprehensive desktop-to-data center virtualization portfolio; enabling customers to virtualize and manage their full hardware and software stack from applications to disk.
Richer User Experience, More Secure, and Easier to Deploy
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop 4.7 delivers a richer application experience by providing:
- Multi-monitor support: Can increase productivity in organizations such as contact centers by allowing users to run multiple applications on different physical monitors at the same time.
- Bi-directional audio: Expanding on the existing support for audio output for Windows applications, Oracle Secure Global Desktop now supports microphones and other audio input devices. This enables the use of dictation, conferencing, training, and other applications requiring audio interaction.
- Enhanced Linux and UNIX graphics display: Oracle Secure Global Desktop now supports improved performance for 3-D applications utilizing OpenGL 1.3 graphics extensions. This provides a richer user experience for customers in Federal Government, Healthcare, Education and other industries where the regular use of graphically intense applications is becoming more common.
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop 4.7 provides optimal out-of-the-box security through pre-configured security settings, eliminating the need for additional effort by administrators. This helps ensure consistency for large enterprise deployments.
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop 4.7 adds support for the latest Internet browsers and server OS platforms including Internet Explorer 9, Chrome and the latest Firefox ESR browsers, and the Oracle Linux 6 and Oracle Solaris 11 operating systems.
- For nearly instant deployment, a new Oracle VM Template is available as an alternative option for installing and configuring Oracle Secure Global Desktop. This Oracle VM Template is a ready-to-run Oracle VM virtual machine that eliminates the installation and basic configuration steps for the operating system and Oracle Secure Global Desktop.
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop can run on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud to provide secure remote access directly to Oracle Applications co-resident in Exalogic for an exceptionally responsive user experience.
- "IT organizations need a single solution that can deliver secure remote access to all of their data center applications -- not just Windows based applications," said Wim Coekaerts, Senior Vice President of Oracle Linux and Virtualization Development. "Oracle Secure Global Desktop is an easy to deploy and use solution that enables users to access Windows, Linux, UNIX, and legacy applications in a way that provides a rich user experience and high security while reducing complexity for both IT and the user."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.