SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 17, 2013) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Turkcell, the leading mobile communications and technology company in Turkey, managing more than 1.2 petabytes of data, successfully implemented a new data warehouse system that included Oracle Exadata Database Machines to achieve high performance and scalability.
- Each day, Turkcell's communications network generates about 1.5 billion call detail records (CDRs), the computer records containing details of every phone call that passes through the network. The CDRs, along with other business information, adds up to more than a petabyte of data.
- Using Exadata at the core of its Data Warehouse system helped Turkcell drive significant increases in reporting speed -- a critical improvement for hundreds of business users who run more than 50,000 reports each month to help track market trends, analyze finances, and refine business strategies. In the previous environment, it took about 30 minutes to generate a typical report and as much as four hours or more for more complex analyses. Today, reports are running almost 10x faster and about 90 percent of all reports take less than five minutes to run.
- By consolidating on Oracle Exadata, Turkcell shrank its floor space needs by 90 percent and reduced its energy consumption by 80 percent.
- At Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco 2012, Ferhat Sengonul, Data Warehouse Manager, Turkcell was recognized as Data Warehouse Leader of the Year for this innovative data warehouse implementation that took just 10 weeks to deploy.
- Ferhat Sengonul and his team at Turkcell are responsible for architecting and implementing Turkcell's Data Warehouse.
- The award, one of several categories covered by the Oracle Excellence Awards, honors individuals who demonstrate excellent technical knowledge and innovative use of Oracle data warehouse technologies to the benefit of their business.
- Oracle recognizes data warehouse leaders across Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America / Caribbean, and North America.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.