SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 28, 2012) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2012 will include over 25 Oracle customers sharing their Oracle's PeopleSoft success stories, along with Oracle-delivered PeopleSoft roadmap content, and PeopleSoft partner presentations.
- Oracle's dedicated PeopleSoft development team will showcase rich new planned features and functions included in the planned upcoming PeopleSoft release, new planned mobile solutions, new planned solutions that revolutionize how customers maintain their PeopleSoft applications, streamlining PeopleSoft lifecycle management and reducing total cost of ownership.
- Together, these sessions demonstrate strong continued momentum of PeopleSoft in both human capital management (HCM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) and of Oracle's commitment to PeopleSoft.
- PeopleSoft customers have been quick to adopt the latest version of the application suite, with nearly two-thirds of all PeopleSoft customers either on or deploying PeopleSoft 9.1.
- In addition, there have been more than 200 net-new PeopleSoft customers each year since introducing PeopleSoft 9.1, demonstrating strong growth.
- The rich PeopleSoft experience at Oracle OpenWorld includes:
- More than 25 PeopleSoft customer presenters sharing their PeopleSoft successes, including: CBRE, Dell, First Data, Kaiser Permanente and Nationwide.
- Over 170 content sessions focusing on PeopleSoft.
- 13 dedicated PeopleSoft demo stations showcasing key capabilities included in Oracle's planned next release of PeopleSoft, including a new slate of mobile applications for PeopleSoft designed to work on both tablets and smartphones.
- A hands-on lab to gain real world experience with new planned features within Oracle's PeopleSoft PeopleTools.
- More than 25 exhibitors highlighting their PeopleSoft offerings and the strength of the PeopleSoft ecosystem.
PeopleSoft Customers Highlight Their Successes in Oracle OpenWorld Sessions
- Oracle OpenWorld attendees will learn how Nationwide successfully launched Oracle's PeopleSoft eCompensation 9.1 and shifted from 4,000 managers using numerous custom salary tools to an automated and integrated process for modeling and submitting salary changes.
- CBRE will tell Oracle OpenWorld attendees how it is successfully using Oracle's PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.1 to manage its worldwide operations and support their global expansion which currently includes the deployment of PeopleSoft Global Payroll in nine Asian countries.
- Audience members at the University of Texas System's Oracle OpenWorld session will hear how the University is using the profile management capabilities in Oracle's PeopleSoft Human Capital Management as the foundation for a complete and integrated talent management solution.
- For a full list of PeopleSoft sessions, presenters and demos, please see the PeopleSoft Focus On Documents.
- "CBRE was happy to share our experience migrating several regional PeopleSoft instances into a single instance on the current PeopleSoft 9.1 release. PeopleSoft is enabling us to effectively manage our worldwide operations and support our global expansion," said Kiran Jalakam, director, HRIS, CBRE.
- "On behalf of the many large enterprise customers that Cognizant's strong and growing PeopleSoft practice works with, we welcome Oracle's investment and new capabilities in the next planned version of PeopleSoft. The breadth and depth of information that we are seeing at Oracle OpenWorld will enable us to help our customers both understand and realize the business value they can achieve through PeopleSoft 9.2," said Ronan O'Flaherty, Assistant Vice President, Enterprise Application Services, Cognizant.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which draws more than 50,000 attendees from over 140 countries, offers more than 2,100 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 450 partners and customers showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure -- all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2012 is being held September 30-October 4 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information or to register, please visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions and more live on YouTube. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter, Facebook and the Oracle OpenWorld Blog.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.