TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Aug. 15, 2012) - Orion Health, a leader in electronic health records (EHR) and healthcare integration solutions has implemented its Orion Health Clinical Portal to eHealth in the province of Saskatchewan. The portal is enabling healthcare providers to access patient laboratory results with greater speed and accuracy anywhere in the province. The solution supports the Saskatchewan Lab Results Repository that aims to place lab results in the hands of healthcare providers faster, thereby improving the care experience for the province's more than one million citizens.
"We are excited to support Saskatchewan's efforts in becoming a fully functioning electronic health records environment," says Mike Craig, Vice President, Orion Health. "Our Clinical Portal is a proven solution that presents patient data in a quick and accessible way across the entire continuum of care. The solution will help increase diagnostic accuracy and improve patient safety by providing physicians and clinicians with patient information and results right at the point of care."
With The Orion Health Clinical Provider Portal, healthcare providers in Saskatchewan now have the ability to search and view the following:
- Patient Clinical Information: Access to view a patient's related clinical information for patient demographics, and laboratory results for general laboratory, microbiology, pathology, and transfusion medicine in a person context view; Access to view PDF laboratory reports;
- Lab Results: Access to view cumulative and graph numerical lab results via the Results Viewer, which provides the viewing functionality for Laboratory Results;
- Clinical Access: Set up of roles and groups to manage viewing of data by users and apply relevant person access restrictions; Provide a consent override screen, as well as a printable patient consent form;
- Authentication: Integration to Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and OpenSSO to create a single sign on environments and limit EHR data access and ensure the protection of health information;
- Integration of the Portal to the EHR Index
"eHealth Saskatchewan were looking for an eHealth solution that could aggregate patient data from existing systems into a central portal," explains Mike Craig. "Orion Health's Clinical Portal layers on top of existing data structures, eliminating the need to rip-and-replace electronic health infrastructure. It also equips them with the flexibility and control to expand functionality for their changing environment."
Orion Health's Clinical Portal will integrate with three repositories across Saskatchewan: labs, drug, and diagnostic imaging. More specifically, the portal currently integrates with the following eHealth applications:
- Health Information Access Layer (HIAL): The HIAL will be the integration engine between eHealth data repositories and the Orion Health Portal.
- Shared Client Index (SCI): The SCI product will be used as the client registry that will store the patient demographics data.
- Saskatchewan Laboratory Results Repository (SLRR): SLRR is eHealth Saskatchewan's Clinical Data Repository for Lab Results.
- Consent Services: The eHealth Saskatchewan Consent Service module will store the consent directives.
Future releases will integrate drug and diagnostic imaging.
About Orion Health
Orion Health is a global, independently-owned eHealth software company and one the world's leading provider of electronic health records (EHRs) and healthcare integration solutions. Worldwide, Orion Health solutions are used in 30 countries by more than 300,000 clinicians. In Canada, thousands of clinicians and hundreds of provider facilities and OEM partners rely on Orion Health to facilitate data exchange between hospitals, health systems and EHRs, resulting in improved care coordination, increased cost savings and efficiencies, and enhanced quality of care. Orion Health is a preferred Canada Health Infoway Solution. More information can be found at http://www.orionhealth.com.