SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 20, 2013) - Recognizing an opportunity to leverage the power of flash, Nimble Storage redesigned the storage file system architecture from the ground up and developed its storage arrays to simultaneously deliver lightning-fast performance and cost-effective capacity. Enterprise and government organizations have all now validated the effectiveness of Nimble Storage's innovative storage approach by purchasing for production use the company's flash-optimized hybrid storage solutions. Nimble Storage has surpassed the 1,500 customer mark in less than three years of shipping product.
"Nimble's continued business growth is attributed to our ability to attract new customers, and in parallel, secure repeat sales with our install base. On average we're seeing customers purchase more than their initial deal value in less than two years," said Suresh Vasudevan, CEO at Nimble Storage. "Once our customers complete their initial installation they quickly realize the benefits can be applied to additional initiatives, including deploying mainstream enterprise applications, virtual desktop infrastructure or addressing growing capacity."
Nimble Storage has seen customer growth across all major vertical industries, including strong customer adoption in state and local government and education, financial services, and healthcare. Customers in these markets include Covenant Retirement Communities, Conestoga College, CBi Health, Fiera Capital, and Saunderson House Limited. In addition, Nimble continues to see rapid adoption from service provider customers, including Virtacore and webHOSTING.net.
Vasudevan continues, "One of the major drivers for customer satisfaction is InfoSight. This offering transforms the management of the storage lifecycle and how storage systems have been traditionally monitored and supported, by introducing the notion of cloud managed storage infrastructure. This results in our ability to predict changes within a storage environment before they take place, which is invaluable to our customers. For more than 90 percent of our support cases, Nimble's InfoSight automatically detects issues and alerts the customer, in many cases before they are even aware of a situation. This offering is a key pillar to the success of our business."
- Increasing Deal Size - As Nimble Storage increases the number of large enterprise accounts, the average deal size increases.
- Uniting with Cloud Service Providers - Deployments by cloud service providers are one of the fastest growing segments of Nimble Storage's business.
- Recognized as an Industry Visionary - Nimble Storage is positioned by Gartner in the "Visionaries" quadrant of the General-Purpose Disk Arrays Magic Quadrant authored by Roger W. Cox, Valdis Filks and Stanley Zaffos, published March 21, 2013. View the full "Magic Quadrant for General Purpose Disk Arrays" report.
- Providing Proactive Wellness with InfoSight - Nimble recently introduced InfoSight, which uses sophisticated algorithms and powerful data analytics that enable trending, predictions, and forecasting for Nimble Storage environments. This industry innovation is a key pillar of business and is a key driver for both repeat sales and new customer engagements.
- Offering Pre-Validated Reference Architectures - Nimble recognizes that storage is not purchased in silos; therefore the company continues to invest in SmartStack, its pre-validated reference architectures. Customers see value in a pre-validated solution that eliminates the challenges and risks associated with deploying various application, server, hypervisor, networking and storage components as a single solution. SmartStack partners include Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Microsoft, and VMware.
- Connecting Our Community - To provide storage customers, partners, and other IT professionals with access to technical information, practical suggestions, and peer insights, Nimble Storage launched an online community, NimbleConnect. The community is a thriving ecosystem for the IT community to collaborate.
- Continued Channel Investment - The company continues its commitment and investment into its channel program with more than 95 percent of its business sold through its more than 500 partners, an increase of over 150 partners since the beginning of the company's fiscal year starting Feb. 1, 2013.
Justin Stolmeier, director, Database/Application Development, Seattle Mariners
"Nimble Storage's combination of accelerated performance, intuitive administration, efficient backup, and reliable replication has made for a powerful solution for our environment with enough headroom for us to run a heavier workload than we had expected. From virtual servers to email to SQL database storage, our Nimble array has performed well. We have found their support staff to be proactive and second to none. Such thoughtful technology has allowed us to shrink rack space, reduce support time, and streamline our disaster recovery plan significantly, making our decision to choose Nimble a home run."
Phill Lawson-Shanks, CTO, Virtacore
"As demand continues to grow for our suite of product and services, we need to be well-positioned to provide faster deployment and better scalability for our customers. The Nimble Storage solution has enabled us to do just that. Our technology platform delivers a scalable high-performance foundation for delivering Infrastructure as a Service and thereby accelerates our customer's journey to the cloud. Our partnership with Nimble Storage enables us to offer our clients one of the best storage solutions on the market today."
Mark McKinnon, IT coordinator, Grand River Conservation Authority
"We were attracted to Nimble Storage because they offered a comprehensive storage platform for our disaster recovery strategy, and a simplified pricing model that fit our budget. The strength behind the product is the efficient snapshot and replication capabilities. As a result of deploying the Nimble Storage solution, our backup window of 30 hours has been eliminated. The increase in performance over our existing storage platform and seamless integration into our existing infrastructure were an extra bonus."
Jorge Kalil, IT director, NJ Sharing Network
"We are working with mission-critical data that is used to enhance and save lives. With an IT organization consisting of seven employees it is impossible to spend time training someone just to work with storage. We selected Nimble Storage because the solution is simple -- a change from our previous EMC products which were very complex to maintain. The deployment of Nimble Storage's solution is allowing us to easily move forward with a business continuity plan to house our data at a secondary datacenter."
Dave Pritt, IT infrastructure manager, Saunderson House Limited
"Analyzing storage performance data over time was not possible with our previous on-premise storage management system. Tools like InfoSight are very important to us because it turns all of our raw data into information that we can actually use. The deep data analytics show us if we need to increase cache, upgrade the controller, or whether the performance bottleneck could be elsewhere, removing all of the guesswork. I really like the option of looking at trends that are presented visually in charts and graphs, rather than seeing just figures in columns. I can react quickly to those visual cues, and move to prevent a future disaster."
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Nimble Storage
Nimble Storage believes enterprises should not have to compromise on performance, capacity, ease of use, or price. Nimble has developed the first hybrid storage architecture engineered from the ground up to seamlessly integrate flash and high-capacity drives. Our customers enjoy as much as 10x faster application performance, enhanced backup and disaster recovery, and stress-free operations -- all while lowering their TCO. Nimble Storage solutions are available through a global network of world-class channel partners. For more information, visit www.nimblestorage.com and follow us on Twitter: @nimblestorage.
©Nimble Storage, CASL, InfoSight, and NimbleConnect are trademarks or registered trademarks of Nimble Storage. Other trade names or words used in this document are the properties of their respective owners.