PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Dec 7, 2012) - Jumio, Inc., the online verification and mobile payments platform company, today announced over 20 new customers that have signed on in the first half of Q4 to integrate Jumio's Netswipe® and Netverify™ products. These innovative startups have joined many well-established businesses such as Travelocity and Western Union in using Jumio's computer vision technology solutions. In conjunction with today's US release, Jumio also announced a new slate of European-based customers (see European companion release, Jumio Makes Online Verification and Payments Fast, Easy and Fraud-Free for Numerous New Web and Mobile Startups and Platforms Across Europe).
Jumio's Netswipe is designed to increase conversion rates in mobile app checkout pages with imbedded credit card scanning and validation, eliminating the need for laborious and error-prone key entry and enabling increased revenue, less fraud and reduced chargeback costs. Netverify provides real-time ID verification to enable customers from over 60 countries to conveniently meet KYC and ID requirements for account registrations, large purchases, establishing online community trust and safety, or other business purposes.
"Our goal is to offer the most convenient and safe credit card scanning and payment solution to our customers, and that's why we selected Jumio," said Vinny Lingham, co-founder and CEO of Gyft.com. "Jumio offers the easiest, most secure and most comprehensive solution, available today."
New customers utilizing Jumio Netverify include:
- BAM Software and Services, which develops and supports a full-featured software platform for pari-mutuel wagering and competitive games
- Eborhood, offering a safer way to trade goods and services online
- SkinPond, a cosmetic & plastic surgery coupon/raffle site
- Travel Googan, a site that provides travelers with ultimate travel deals and discounts
New customers leveraging Jumio Netswipe include:
- Gyft, a digital card platform that enables consumers to manage gift cards
- GoPago, an integrated point of sale and mobile payment application that provides merchants a total business solution
- FoodRun, online and mobile food ordering, offering a better way to order takeout
- InstaArt Studio, which offers high-quality canvas printing services
- Protean, a multi-purpose credit offering
- HaulDealer, a social e-commerce website incorporating VIP access to the top fashion and beauty gurus of YouTube along with great fashion deals
- Wallaby Financial Inc., a cloud-based smart wallet
- WorkoutInbox, offering crossfit workout tracking and member management software
Netswipe is implemented using Jumio's Mobile SDK, and integration into any mobile app takes less than 30 minutes.
"Real-time ID verification is a problem we have been trying to solve for a long time, and Jumio had the solution," said Laurent Hazout, founder of Travel Googan. "What's more, Jumio has been extremely easy and cost-effective to integrate into our service."
Jumio has also secured numerous new European-based clients that are implementing Jumio Netswipe Mobile and Jumio Netverify into their products, including Skimm, EntroPay, Allied Financial Services, GB Premium Financial Services, and others.
"We created Jumio to be an all-in-one solution for both startups and large corporations, and are seeing rapid adoption by both constituencies," said Daniel Mattes, founder and CEO of Jumio. "The ease of integration and cost of our solutions has led many of the web's leading startups to choose Jumio when looking to offer their customers more personalized, convenient and safe ways to verify their identity and make purchases online."
Jumio® Inc. offers next generation online and mobile credit card payments validation and ID verification products for retailers, financial institutions and governmental agencies. Designed to increase revenue, reduce fraud, and streamline customer experiences, Jumio utilizes patent-pending computer vision technology to validate and facilitate transactions while providing unprecedented levels of consumer convenience and data security.
Jumio's Netswipe® enables customers to scan their cards in online and mobile checkout resulting in increased revenue and reduced fraud for the merchants. Netverify™ supports real-time ID verification in over 60 countries to help clients meet a variety of know-your-customer requirements. The company was founded in 2010 by CEO Daniel Mattes and is backed by top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Citi Ventures and Facebook Co-Founder, Eduardo Saverin. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California Jumio operates globally with offices in the US, Europe and Asia.