ARNPRIOR, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Sept. 17, 2015) - Pacific Safety Products Inc. (TSX VENTURE:PSP) ("PSP" or the "Company"), a leading North American manufacturer of advanced armour and personal protection solutions, today reported financial results for the three month period and year ended June 30, 2015.
- Revenues for the fourth quarter were $5.5 million, an increase of $1.6 million or 41.0% as compared to the fourth quarter of the prior year.
- Gross margin as a percentage of revenues for the fourth quarter was 31.5%, which was an increase over gross margin of 25.1% during the fourth quarter of the prior year.
- The Company reported net income for the fourth quarter of $1.0 million compared to net income of $0.1 million during the fourth quarter of the prior year.
- Adjusted Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization ("Adjusted EBITDA") for the fourth quarter was $1.1 million compared to an Adjusted EBITDA of $0.1 million during fourth quarter 2014.
Fiscal Year 2015
- Revenues for the year were $17.7 million, an increase of $3.4 million or 23.6% as compared to the prior year.
- Gross margin as a percentage of revenues for the year was 28.9%, which was an increase over gross margin of 26.4% during the prior year.
- The Company reported net income for the year of $1.0 million compared to net loss of $0.2 million during the prior year
- Expenses were $3.8 million, an increase of $0.1 million or 2.4% as compared to the prior year.
- Adjusted Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization ("Adjusted EBITDA") was $1.5 million compared to an Adjusted EBITDA of $0.4 million during the prior year.
- Working Capital doubled to $3.4 million compared to $1.7 million in the prior year.
"Fiscal 2015 was a turning point for PSP. The introduction of new and updated products allowed us to win new contracts and grow our market share in a very competitive business environment" remarked CEO, Terry Vaudry. "Our focus over the last year to strategically invest in product development and protect our balance sheet has us well positioned for larger opportunities in fiscal 2016."
About PSP: The mission statement of Pacific Safety Products Inc. is ...we bring everyday heroes home safely®. PSP is an established industry leader in the production, distribution and sale of high-performance and high-quality safety products for the defence and security market. These products include body armour to protect against ballistic, stab and fragmentation threats, ballistic blankets to reduce blast effects, tactical clothing, and protective products against chemical and biological hazards. PSP is the largest body armour manufacturer in Canada, directly supplying the Canadian Department of National Defence, Federal Government Agencies and major Canadian law enforcement organizations. The Company, through its U.S. subsidiary Sentry Armor Systems Inc., provides body armour products under the GH Armor Systems® brand to U.S. based law enforcement and private security firms. The Company also produces tactical clothing. Pacific Safety Products is a reporting issuer in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario, Canada and publicly trades under the symbol PSP on the TSX Venture Exchange.
Forward-Looking Information: This news release contains certain statements which may constitute "forward-looking information" within the meaning of applicable securities laws. These statements relate to anticipated or assumed events or results and, in some cases, can be identified by words or phrases such as "may", "will", "expect", "plan", "anticipate", "intend", "potential", "estimate", "believe" or the negative of these terms. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this news release, may not occur and could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting the Company. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements and information by their nature are based on assumptions and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause our actual results, performance or achievements, or industry results, to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statement or information. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements or information. The forward-looking information contained herein is expressly qualified in its entirety by this cautionary statement. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date of this news release and, except as may be required by applicable securities laws, the Company disclaims any intent or obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or results or otherwise.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.