SANTA CLARA, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 28, 2016) - Palerra, a leading Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), today announced it is the first and only CASB to enable centralized security management of workloads in multiple clouds with the availability of Palerra LORIC for Rackspace. This release furthers Palerra's commitment to delivering security for the full Cloud stack, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS). Palerra originally launched support for IaaS via AWS in November 2014, and offers the most complete CASB solution for AWS on the market.
"A year ago, CASBs lacked widespread adoption and recognition in the security solutions market. Within one year, they are now seen as a mandatory control for any enterprise that is leveraging the cloud," said Adina Simu, VP of Products for Palerra. "From the beginning, Palerra understood the need for organizations to eliminate silos and implement a single pane of glass for monitoring SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS. That understanding formed a strategic imperative at the core of LORIC. With today's announcement, Palerra is extending that imperative to enable security management across workloads in multiple clouds."
"The market for public cloud services is continuing to demonstrate high rates of growth, particularly in IaaS," said Rohit Gupta, CEO for Palerra. "Enterprises quickly understand the importance of protecting SaaS applications because they hold critical business information. But they often overlook protecting cloud infrastructure, especially when using multiple IaaS providers, because that is viewed as the cloud service provider's job. It is not a question of whether they should choose between protecting information or infrastructure... the answer is both. With LORIC, Palerra delivers on our vision to provide enterprises with complete Cloud Security by protecting users, data, and workloads in the Cloud. "
The Palerra LORIC platform provides complete visibility and ensures compliance of an organization's entire cloud footprint by combining shadow IT discovery, threat detection, predictive analytics, security configuration management, and automated incident response into a single solution. Palerra LORIC monitors enterprise cloud applications from industry-leading companies, such as Rackspace, and promotes the security of these services through a single pane of glass.
Palerra LORIC for Rackspace Key Features include:
- Instant insight into Rackspace adoption and usage.
- Customizable reporting capabilities along with a rich set of early warning indicators and predefined reports on potentially risky activities.
- Continuous monitoring and enforcement of security configurations within Rackspace to ensure compliance.
- Machine learning capabilities used to study activities such as logins and environment administration to create baseline activity profiles, with the ability to flag deviations in behavior exposing insiders and hackers.
- Ability to build custom policies as well as a library of predefined policies for real-time notifications about activities that may introduce risks.
- Automatic incident logging and execution of remedial actions within Rackspace to immediately close windows of opportunity.
- Integration with LDAP, identity and access management, ticketing, and incident management systems as well as SIEM solutions to leverage existing investments.
To learn more about Palerra LORIC:
Palerra helps organizations protect their business-critical Cloud infrastructure and data with Palerra LORIC™, the industry-leading solution for Cloud security automation. Palerra is the only Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) that provides visibility and security across the entire security lifecycle from infrastructure to applications, enabling organizations to realize the full promise of the Cloud. Leading enterprises including BMC Software, Jefferies, and VMware leverage LORIC for continuous monitoring and security of their Cloud applications. Palerra is a privately held company funded by Norwest Venture Partners, Wing Venture Capital, and August Capital, and is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. For more information, visit www.palerra.com.