PLEASANTON, CA--(Marketwired - Nov 1, 2016) - Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, today announced that Panera, LLC is expanding its presence in the cloud with Workday Financial Management. With Workday Financial Management, Panera Bread will build on its recent deployment of Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) in order to further align the organization and drive excellence with one system for finance and HR data that delivers real-time visibility required to make more informed decisions.
With Workday's unified suite of applications, Panera Bread expects to:
- Reduce the time and resources required for financial reporting, helping improve productivity by moving from manual processes -- such as extracting and consolidating data from multiple systems -- to automated processes.
- Increase accuracy and transparency with one real-time view of financial and workforce data. With Workday, Panera Bread will move from multiple disparate solutions to one system, helping equip regional and company leaders with the most up-to-date financial and workforce metrics on the business.
- Improve security and risk mitigation with an always-on audit trail. Workday's flexible technology foundation will help enable Panera Bread to remain in compliance with state, federal, and industry-specific regulatory reporting requirements now and into the future.
- Reduce the headaches associated with costly and time-consuming upgrades, complex integrations, and bolt-on systems. With Workday, Panera Bread will move from challenging upgrades to seamless updates, leveraging continuous innovation from Workday's development on a single code line delivered in the cloud.
- Empower its digitally-savvy workforce with mobile and self-service capabilities, allowing employees and managers to easily submit and approve expense reports from a mobile device, no matter their location.
Comments on the News
"With Workday, we have a technology system that can scale and innovate in line with our brand, helping provide the financial and workforce visibility we need to make in-the-moment decisions," said Mike Bufano, chief financial officer, Panera Bread.
"As the pace of business and competitive landscape becomes increasingly more dynamic, innovative brands like Panera Bread are expanding their investment in Workday to include Workday Financial Management in order to continually optimize their people and business," said Betsy Bland, vice president, financial management products, Workday. "With Workday, Panera Bread will have one system that can better align the organization with a single source of truth, helping move the business into the future."
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers human capital management, financial management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the expected performance and benefits of Workday's offerings. The words "believe," "may," "will," "plan," "expect," and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. If the risks materialize or assumptions prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the results implied by these forward-looking statements. Risks include, but are not limited to, risks described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including our Form 10-Q for the quarter ended July 31, 2016 and our future reports that we may file with the SEC from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. Workday assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website, or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features, and functions that are currently available.
© 2016. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. Panera and Panera Bread are registered trademarks of Panera Bread and are used with permission.