CAMPBELL, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 29, 2013) - Panzura, a leading provider of global cloud storage solutions, announced it achieved record levels of revenue, customers, and storage under management in 2012. Revenue increased by nearly 500% over the previous year, customers grew by 700%, and customers surpassed multiple petabytes (PBs) of storage using the Panzura Global Cloud Storage System. Panzura's enterprise customers are deploying its technology across their entire global infrastructure, covering hundreds of sites with deal sizes of millions of dollars. Panzura's adoption spanned industries, use cases, and customer requirements, across all of our cloud partners, to wit:
- Healthcare: Healthcare Realty (HR), Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ), national healthcare service provider, major regional hospital, leading processor of health claims for public programs, leading healthcare training provider, major healthcare certification organization
- Media and Entertainment: DreamWorks Animation (DWA), Relativity Media, global sports network, global content distribution network, world's leading gaming company, leading home entertainment distributor, several major cable network content providers, leading satellite TV channel, global publishing house
- Financial Services: Top 5 global bank, several major hedge funds
- Government and Education: US Department of Justice, branch of other federal department, several leading universities, leading space research organization
"We are tremendously excited by the enthusiastic reception Panzura solutions have received in the market," said Randy Chou, CEO of Panzura. "Customers continue to find new ways to leverage our core technology to meet a wide variety of storage needs in a broad array of use cases and industries. Panzura is expanding rapidly to meet growing demand as IT executives perceive Panzura as the only enterprise-class platform for leveraging cloud storage across all leading providers."
Other Panzura achievements in 2012 include:
- Release of v3.0 with robust enterprise features including secure enterprise-class file sharing, accelerated data transfer rates, anywhere disaster recovery, and a broadened hardware platform
- Successful $15M Series C round led by Opus Capital to support International expansion, increased hiring, growth of operational programs, and continued innovation and development of global cloud-integrated storage solutions
- Expansion of ecosystem partnerships, including Dell Cloud, Google Cloud Storage, HP Cloud Services, and IBM
- Recognized as a top innovator and leading technology by Interop, Red Herring, and Cloud Computing Magazine winning the prestigious Best of Interop 2012 Award for Data Center & Storage, the Red Herring Finalist 2012 Award, and the 2013 Cloud Storage Excellence Award
- Doubling of headcount and an associated relocation to larger headquarters in Silicon Valley
- Added multiple new channel partners including Trace3, Softchoice and Technologent
- Expansion of management team and board members with top Silicon Valley Executives including veterans of Zynga, Riverbed, NetApp, Juniper Networks, and Trapeze Networks to fuel rapid growth
- Awarded multiple Global Cloud-Attached Storage Patents for proprietary innovation covering global deduplication file system, efficient cloud network attached storage, and forwarding file-system-level information to storage management system
Panzura optimizes enterprise data storage management and distribution in the cloud, making cloud storage simple and secure. Panzura's revolutionary global cloud storage solution seamlessly combines the flexibility, performance and productivity benefits of distributed storage with the manageability, security and cost benefits of centralized storage, overcoming fundamental "administrator vs. user" and "budget vs. performance" conflicts. With Panzura, data location no longer affects usage. Panzura: Cloud Storage Made Seamless. For more information, visit www.panzura.com or email email@example.com.
Connect with Panzura:
Read our blog: http://www.panzura.com/blogs
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/panzurastorage
Panzura, Quicksilver, PZOS, and Panzura CloudFS are trademarks of Panzura, Inc. Other trade names mentioned herein are recognized to be the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.