LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwired - Nov 13, 2013) - Panzura, a leading provider of global cloud storage solutions, today announced the availability of the Panzura Cloud Controllers as an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) which is also being offered for purchase through the AWS Marketplace. With these solutions, Panzura customers can use AMI to create virtual instances of the Panzura Global Cloud Storage System within the Amazon EC2 cloud. Panzura will be demonstrating this capability at the Amazon re:Invent conference in Las Vegas this week, in booth # 529 on November 12-14 at the Venetian Resort.
Panzura Cloud Controllers bridge the gap between traditional enterprise NAS storage solutions and Amazon S3. The use of enterprise-class, multi-user file system locking protocols, along with FIPS 140-2 validated military grade encryption, ensures users can reliably and securely access a single cloud-based centralized storage location. Panzura provides global deduplication, thereby ensuring that only unique data blocks are stored in the cloud. Panzura appliances are offered in the following configurations:
- The Global NAS appliance comes equipped with Panzura's Global File System with CIFS/SMB support, and NFS support. For more information, see: https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B00GIYC05K
- The Backup & Archive Appliance comes equipped with Panzura's In-line deduplication, data locality (pinning), CIFS/SMB and NFS support. For more information, see: https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B00GIYATBC
- The Global NAS Plus Appliance comes equipped with Panzura's Global File System with CIFS/SMB support, Global In-line deduplication, data locality (pinning), and NFS support. For more information, see: https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B00GIZLDCA
- The Global NAS Appliance - BYOL allows users to purchase software licenses and support from Panzura and then deploy them in the EC2 cloud. Licenses are a one-time expense and users can select the Global NAS Appliance, the Backup & Archive Appliance, or the Global NAS Plus Appliance. For more information, see: https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B00GIYBEN4
With the Panzura AMIs, IT leaders can now create virtual, cloud-based compute environments that seamlessly tie directly into their global physical and virtual infrastructure and Panzura's global file system, CloudFS. This enables applications such as full disaster recovery in the cloud, cloud bursting for legacy applications, computing in the cloud, and shared analytical data in the cloud. The solutions allow for access to S3 data in EC2 or on-premises through CIFS and NFS.
"AMI opens up third party applications for direct use of the Amazon storage cloud," said Ashish Nadkarni, Research Director of Storage, IDC. "Panzura's support of AMI unifies cloud storage with cloud compute resources to create a powerful physical and virtual compute environment."
The AMI version of the award-winning Panzura Cloud Controller turns integrating cloud compute into a simple process and provides a platform for a new era of enterprise computing. Customers can purchase Panzura AMIs in two ways: by buying through the Amazon Marketplace, or by buying directly from Panzura and deploying in EC2.
Panzura customers using Amazon-based storage and disaster recovery solutions include:
1. DS+R, an AEC firm, last year did a disaster recovery during Superstorm Sandy. This is a perfect use case for the AMI. See: http://panzura.com/company/press-releases/diller-scofidio-renfro-deploys-panzura-for-cloud-nas/
2. C&S Companies is another AEC firm that solved their backup and storage needs with Amazon S3. See: http://panzura.com/company/press-releases/cs-companies-eliminates-autocad-latency-improves-performance-with-panzura/
"Many Panzura customers leverage Amazon S3 for storage, and we want to provide every available option for these customers when it comes to securely storing their data," said Randy Chou, co-founder and CEO of Panzura. "By supporting AMI, we now provide the ability to deliver full Panzura functionality within the EC2 cloud."
For more information about Panzura's support for AMI, see:
Panzura optimizes enterprise data storage management and distribution in the cloud, making cloud storage simple and secure. Panzura's revolutionary global cloud storage solution seamlessly combines the flexibility, performance, and productivity benefits of distributed storage with the manageability, security, and cost benefits of centralized storage, overcoming fundamental "administrator vs. user" and "budget vs. performance" conflicts. With Panzura, data location no longer affects usage. Panzura: Cloud Storage Made Seamless. For more information, visit www.panzura.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with Panzura:
Read our blog: http://www.panzura.com/company/blog
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/panzurastorage
Panzura, Quicksilver, PZOS, and Panzura CloudFS are the trademark of Panzura, Inc. Other trade names mentioned herein are recognized to be the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.