DALLAS, TX--(Marketwired - Jan 15, 2015) - Smart home and IoT research from Parks Associates finds ownership and usage of connected devices is growing among U.S. broadband households:
- 26% own a streaming media device.
- 34% own a smart TV.
- 16% own a smart home device.
- The average household spends over $6 per month on subscription Internet video services.
Parks Associates will address successful business strategies for the smart home and connected consumer markets at the 19th-annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference, May 19-21, 2015, in San Francisco. Eric Anderson, VP of Content and Product Solutions and GM of Smart Home at Samsung, will be a keynote speaker, and early sponsors include Lowe's, Qualcomm, Alarm.com, Support.com, ULE Alliance, Zipato, and Amdocs.
"As we saw at CES last week, companies from previously separate channels are now competing in the smart home ecosystem, meaning both differentiation and cross-platform interoperability are critical to success," said Tom Kerber, Director, Research, Home Controls & Energy, Parks Associates. "Thirty-seven percent of U.S. broadband households intend to buy one or more smart devices in 2015, so this year will feature expansion of the smart home and further refinement of business strategies in these markets."
"Different use cases will resonate with different consumer segments, and as penetration increases, consumer needs will change," said Stuart Sikes, President, Parks Associates. "At CONNECTIONS™, industry leaders will explore strategies to create and deploy solutions with the right balance of flexibility, interoperability, and personalization in order to attract and retain the broadest segment of consumers."
CONNECTIONS™ features interactive panel sessions focused on innovative technology and business solutions for the connected consumer, entertainment services, the smart home, and the Internet of Things. Topics:
Entertainment, Content Delivery, and Access Services
- Unlocking the Value of Personalization
- Profit in the New World of OTT
- The Reality of the Second Screen: Interaction, Social Networking, and the Consumer
- Original Content and Key Differentiators for Entertainment Services
- Multichannel Networks and Emerging Video Alternatives
- Evolution of Content Access: Cloud-based Services, 4K, & Other Innovations
- Content Rights and the Reshaping of the Video Industry
Connected CE Devices and Platforms
- Set-top Boxes and New Platforms: What's Next in Hybrid Video
- Generating Revenue from OTT Streaming
- Streaming as Standard: The New User Experience
- Entertainment and the New User Experience
- Role of Connected Device Platforms in the Content Ecosystem
- 4K/UHD TVs: Are They Changing the TV Landscape?
Smart Home: Security, Controls, Energy, and Smart Devices
- Integrating Smart Products into Smart Home Systems
- Internet of Things: Innovations and New Value Propositions
- Standards and Interoperability: Creating Competition through Cooperation
- Winning Channel Strategies for Smart Home Services
Innovations Creating New Opportunities
- APIs: Extending Functionality for all Connected Devices
- Connected Cars: The Next Smart Platform
- Commerce Opportunities on Connected Devices
- Wearables and Connected Health Opportunities in the Home
- Premium Support Services: Connected Devices and IoT
- Smart Toys: Engaging the Digital Native Generation
Parks Associates is accepting speaker submissions through February 6 for CONNECTIONS™ at http://www.parksassociates.com/cfp-2015. More information on all Parks Associates conferences can be found at www.ParksAssociates.com. The CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES Media Data Sheet is available at http://www.parksassociates.com/cus-media.
The 19th-annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference will take place May 19-21 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport in San Francisco. CONNECTIONS™ hosts over 400 executives in the connected entertainment, IoT, and smart home industries in an intimate networking environment.
The event provides networking opportunities and insights from industry players on entertainment, mobile, and smart home market segments. Parks Associates research analysts moderate each session, which feature consumer research on adoption and trends, forecasts of new products and services, evaluation of new business strategies, and concrete recommendations about technology innovations, strategic partnerships, monetization opportunities, and value-added services. Throughout the three-day event, sponsors offer tabletop demos during networking events, spotlighting new technology innovations and services.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call 972-490-1113, or visit www.connectionsconference.com.