DALLAS, TX--(Marketwired - Mar 25, 2015) - Parks Associates estimates global revenues from connected fitness trackers will increase from over $2 billion in 2014 to $5.4 billion by 2019. The research firm, which has analyzed the connected health markets for nearly 10 years, announced this new connected health data today as part of its support of the World Health Care Congress this week in Washington, D.C.
"Our latest data finds adoption of connected health devices increased from 24% of U.S. broadband households at the beginning of 2013 to nearly 30% by the end of 2014," said Harry Wang, Director, Health & Mobile Product Research, Parks Associates. "The most popular devices are exercise equipment with built-in app support and digital pedometers with wireless connectivity."
Parks Associates' newest research Digitally Fit: Products and Services for Connected Consumers examines the current adoption and usage of connected health devices with analysis of multiple nationwide surveys of U.S. broadband households.
"Health is an important part of the connected home, but the market is different from other CE and smart home markets, due in large part to consumer motivations for adoption," Wang said. "For instance, age is not a consistent predictor of health tech adoption as it is for other tech markets, and different consumer segments have varying motivations for adopting health solutions. Companies in the connected health space must be mindful of their target market when designing their solutions and marketing messages."
Additional Parks Associates connected health research:
- 360 View: Health Devices and Services for Connected Consumers examines Parks Associates' consumer segments for the connected health market. It also analyzes the role of technology in meeting consumer needs to manage their health, track wellness and fitness activities, and help family members live independently at home.
- Wearable Computing: Fitness and Health in Style examines the technologies, software, and platforms that drive the adoption of wearable medical and health tracking devices by consumers.
- Mobile Carriers and Wireless Healthcare Opportunities examines opportunities and challenges for mobile operators in wireless healthcare.
- Smart Home Platforms for Health examines the potential for smart home platforms to support new home-based digital health applications and services and the requirements for related business models and partnerships.
- Delivering Quality Healthcare to the Digital Home provides an overview of the digital home care market and assesses growth opportunities in nine countries, including the U.S., Canada, the U.K., France, Germany, Spain, Japan, South Korea, and China.
Parks Associates is hosting the second-annual Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers, taking place September 9-10 in San Diego, CA. Parks Associates is currently accepting speaking submissions for this event at http://www.parksassociates.com/chs-agenda. For information on participating, visit http://www.connectedhealthsummit.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 972-490-1113.
To schedule an interview with Harry Wang or to request specific digital health data, contact Holly Sprague at email@example.com, 720.987.6614.
About Parks Associates
Parks Associates is an internationally recognized market research and consulting company specializing in emerging consumer technology products and services. Founded in 1986, Parks Associates creates research capital for companies ranging from Fortune 500 to small start-ups through market reports, primary studies, consumer research, custom research, workshops, executive conferences, and annual service subscriptions.
The company's expertise includes digital media and platforms, entertainment and gaming, home networks, Internet and television services, digital health, mobile applications and services, support services, consumer apps, advanced advertising, consumer electronics, energy management, and home control systems and security.
Each year, Parks Associates hosts industry webcasts, the CONNECTIONS™ Conference Series, Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers, and Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer. http://www.parksassociates.com