DALLAS, TX--(Marketwired - Jun 23, 2016) - Parks Associates today announced Dr. David Rhew, Chief Medical Officer and Head of Healthcare and Fitness, Samsung Electronics America, will deliver the morning keynote at the third-annual Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers, on September 1 at 9:45 a.m. The research firm will host this conference on August 30 - September 1 at the Omni San Diego Hotel in San Diego, California.
"More than 25% of U.S. broadband households are interested in a health/wellness coaching service, and Samsung has a been a leader in this space, with digital health initiatives that provide tools for developers and care providers to create health and wellbeing solutions for consumers," said Harry Wang, Senior Director, Health & Mobile Product Research, Parks Associates. "We are thrilled that Samsung will present a keynote at the Connected Health Summit, and we look forward to learning more about their healthcare technology strategies for today's connected consumer."
"With new advances in patient-driven technologies from smartphone apps to secure, easy-to-use wearable devices, healthcare providers are increasingly better able to treat, monitor, and communicate with patients of all ages. Whether in clinical settings, in their homes, or wherever their lives take them, patients can continue to do more of the things that are most important to them while improving their overall quality of care and personal independence," said Dr. David Rhew, chief medical officer and head of healthcare and fitness at Samsung Electronics America. "I'm really looking forward to addressing the ways we're working with partners to deploy new, revolutionary technologies and solutions that have proven to boost health outcomes and overall patient satisfaction."
Connected Health Summit provides executives with in-depth analysis and discussion on the implications of the connected healthcare revolution and the resulting consumerization of healthcare. Annette Brüls, President, Diabetes Service and Solutions, Medtronic, will also present a keynote at the event.
Parks Associates' connected health research shows:
- Over 30% of U.S. broadband households own and use at least one connected health or wellness device.
- About 40-45% of consumers with chronic conditions have used at least one health app.
- More than 50% of consumers are aware of wellness benefits that come with their health insurance plan.
- One-third of consumers are comfortable with designing a care plan for themselves.
- 35% of consumers are comfortable with selecting a health monitoring device for personal use.
Conference sponsors include ARM, Care Innovations, Honeywell, PokitDok, Z-Wave, and ZigBee.
Confirmed speakers for the event include:
- Don Boerema, Chief Corporate Development Officer, ADT
- Jeroen Brouwer, Director of Business Development and Sales, Philips
- Ash Damle, Founder and CEO, Lumiata
- Richard Fury, MD, Medical Director, Technology Group, The Permanente Medical Group
- Marcus Grindstaff, Chief Operating Officer, Care Innovations
- Ranndy Kellogg, President & CEO, Omron Healthcare
- Jonathan Leviss, M.D. FACP, Chief Medical Officer, AMC Health
- Kelly Macken-Marble, President, Population Health & Ambulatory Services, North Memorial Hospital
- Jeff Makowka, Director, Market Innovation, AARP
- James Mault, M.D., F.A.C.S., Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Qualcomm Life
- Lance Myers, Ph.D., Chief Technology Officer, Sentrian
- Christopher Nicholson, CEO, mPulse Mobile
- Dr. Sanjay Patil, Chief Medical Informatics Officer, MDLIVE, Inc.
- Karissa Price, Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer, Healthways
- Eric Rock, CEO, Vivify Health
- Bill Scheffler, Director of NA Sales and Business Development, Sigma Designs/Z-Wave
"The healthcare industry is beginning to explore more advanced segmentation techniques in order to develop and deploy successful consumer-focused solutions," Wang said. "In the past, it employed risk stratification methods to segment patients based on claim costs and health status. The shortcoming of this approach is obvious -- it ignores human motivational factors and patients' desire to be reached and engaged."
Parks Associates has studied the digital health sector since 2006, analyzing the development of the market and implications for multiple connected home industries. The Connected Health Summit agenda reflects this long-term expertise, covering all aspects of consumer engagement strategies, including insights into back-end technology solutions, regulations, and consumer-facing health devices and apps.
Registration is open, and media are invited to secure press passes. For more information visit, www.connectedhealthsummit.com. Follow the conference on Twitter at @CONN_Health_Smt and #CONNHealth16. To schedule a meeting with an analyst or speaker, contact Holly Sprague at email@example.com, 720.987.6614.
About Connected Health Summit
Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers analyzes the role of innovative connected health solutions in driving changes in consumer behaviors as well as healthcare systems, insurers, and hospital networks. The event focuses on four areas of consumer health, which require active consumer participation to be successful: remote health monitoring for accountable care, consumer-centric wellness and fitness solutions, independent living technologies and services, and innovative convenience care models.
The event will take place August 30 - September 1, 2016, at the Omni Hotel in San Diego, CA. Parks Associates is accepting submissions for speakers for the event.
For more information on Parks Associates research or Connected Health Summit, visit www.connectedhealthsummit.com. To schedule an interview or to request specific research data, please contact Holly Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org.