SOURCE: Parvus Corporation
SALT LAKE CITY, UT--(Marketwire - Aug 23, 2012) - Eurotech subsidiary Parvus announces two new rugged embedded DC/DC power supply boards with built-in MIL-STD power conditioning and EMI filtering for military ground vehicles and aircraft installations. The rugged PWR-21-11 (PC/104-Plus form factor) and PWR-22-11 (PCI/104-Express form factor) galvanically isolated DC/DC converter modules provide 100 watts of combined power output (+3.3V, +5V, +12V) and come equipped with MIL-STD-461 EMI filtering and transient protections for demanding 250V spike and 100V surge requirements under MIL-STD-1275. They support an 18-36V DC input range for 24/28VDC applications and typically eliminate the need for additional in-line power conditioning/EMI filtering devices in military embedded systems.
Featuring a rugged mechanical design, these small form factor (3.550" x 3.775" / 90x 96 mm) cards are designed to be used in a PC/104, PC/104-Plus, PCI-104, PCIe104, or PCI/104-Express embedded system stack, operate without any active cooling over extended temperature ranges (-40 to +85C per MIL-STD-810G), and provide resistance to high levels of shock and vibration (per MIL-STD-810G fixed wing jet, rotary aircraft, and tracked ground vehicle conditions). A tribute to their robustness and versatility, the PWR-21-11 and PWR-22-11 power supplies are integrated into various Parvus MIL-STD-810/1275/704/461 qualified DuraCOR mission computers, DuraNET Ethernet switches, and DuraMAR mobile IP router subsystems.
KEY FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS:
- Form Factor
- PWR-21-11: PC/104-Plus (ISA + PCI buses)
- PWR-22-11: PCI/104-Express (PCI + PCIe buses)
- Designed to Meet MIL-STD-810G (Environmental), MIL-STD-1275D and MIL-STD-704F (Voltage Input, Surges, Spikes, Transients), MIL-STD-461F (Conducted Emissions & Susceptibility)
- Voltage Input
- Nominal 28.0 VDC (+18V to +36VDC with Support for 250V Spike and 100V Surge per MIL-STD-1275, as well as 1500V DC Galvanic Isolation)
- Voltage Output
- Up to 100 Watts: +5V @ 10A (50W Max), +3.3V @ 15A (50W Max), +12 V @ 1.5A (18W Max - 12V derived from 3.3V rail)
- Optional 50 Watt 5V Only Configuration: +5V @ 10A (50W Max)
- Environmental (per MIL-STD-810G):
- Operating Temp: -40° to +85°C / -40° to +185°F
- Storage Temp: -55° to +100°C / -67° to 212°F
- Operating Shock: 40g, 11ms, 3 pos/neg per axis
- Random Vibration: Jet-Helo-Tracked Vehicle Profile, 3 Axes, 1 Hour/Axis
Samples will be available during Q4 2012. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for updated availability and pricing. For additional specifications or to download a product datasheet, visit http://www.parvus.com/product/overview.aspx?prod=PWR-21-11_PWR-22-11
Parvus Corporation is a leading supplier of rugged COTS computing and IP networking subsystems for Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP) constrained military, aerospace, and homeland defense applications. Parvus' tactical mission processors, network routers, Ethernet switches and embedded board-level products provide highly reliable command, control, computing, communication, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities for situational awareness and mobile data processing in airborne, ground vehicle, and naval installations. Parvus was founded in 1983 and is part of the Eurotech Group (ETH.MI), a world leader in pervasive computing with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, visit www.parvus.com.