DOWNERS GROVE, IL--(Marketwired - Sep 27, 2016) - Pasta Lensi, a premium Italian pasta maker based in the Lombardy region of Italy, launched Pasta Lensi Legume Pastas, a new line of single-ingredient pastas made from legumes that deliver the nutritional benefits of legumes with authentic and delicious legume flavor. Pasta Lensi Legume Pasta is available in four varieties and shapes:
- Black Bean Sedani
- Chickpea Casarecce
- Red Lentil Fusilli
- Yellow Lentil Penne Rigate
Each Pasta Lensi Legume Pasta variety is packed with plant-based protein and fiber, offering a delicious new way to enjoy the benefits of legumes in a familiar way.
"Legumes are the cornerstone of many dishes around the globe," said Daniel Galo, brand manager for Pasta Lensi. "That's mainly because of their nutritional benefits, including their high levels of protein and fiber, and the fact that they're vegan and naturally gluten free. By combining our Italian pasta heritage with the simplicity of one single ingredient, we can offer new items like this to consumers looking for a way to enjoy pasta with added nutritional benefits."
Pasta Lensi Legume Pasta Makes Global Flavors Easy
With four varieties using the most popular legumes, Pasta Lensi Legume Pastas provide an excellent canvas for recipe inspiration from around the globe. Each individual pasta offers the distinctive flavor of its single ingredient, while being approachable and familiar.
- Pasta Lensi Black Bean Sedani is made with flour ground from black beans and provides 21 grams of protein and 17 grams of fiber per 100 g portion**. It can be paired with both light cream or cheese sauces and heartier, meat-based sauces, and makes an excellent complement to Latin American flavors, like Black Bean Migas.
- Pasta Lensi Chickpea Casarecce is made with flour ground from chickpeas and pairs well with fresh, chunky sauces. It provides 22 grams of protein and 12 grams of fiber per 100 gram portion**. Chickpea Casarecce can be used in casseroles and baked dishes and is excellent with a light Tahini dressing.
- Pasta Lensi Red Lentil Fusilli is made with flour from ground red lentils and catches sauce between its curls. It provides 26 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber per 100 gram portion**. Red Lentil Fusilli is great when paired with vegetable-based sauces, such as a Tomato Yogurt Cream Sauce with Coriander.
- Pasta Lensi Yellow Lentil Penne Rigate is made with flour ground from yellow lentils and is an ideal option for your favorite pasta dishes. It offers 23 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber per 100 gram portion**. Yellow Lentil Penne Rigate is ideal for thicker sauces that can find their way into the tube, and is excellent in a coconut curry.
Available nationwide at Walmart, Pasta Lensi Legume Pastas are packed with protein and fiber, deliver a good source of potassium and iron, and appeal to a wide variety of nutritional needs, including vegan, gluten-free, cholesterol-free, low fat, and low sodium. All four varieties are Non-GMO Project Verified and are available in 10-ounce boxes for $3.44 (SRP).
For more information about Pasta Lensi Legume Pastas, please visit www.pastalensi.com/legumepasta
** 3.5 oz (100 grams) is about 2 servings
ABOUT PASTA LENSI
Since 1920, Pasta Lensi has made authentic, premium pasta in the Lombardy region of Italy. The brand's passion for L'arte della pasta dates back to its founder, Signor Vasco Lensi, and is represented in each variety of pasta produced. Pasta Lensi offers products that fit the lifestyles and demands of today's consumer while remaining true to the authentic, Old World methods, traditions, and standards of pasta making. Pasta Lensi is a TreeHouse Foods (NYSE: THS) company.