SEATTLE, WA--(Marketwired - Sep 13, 2016) - Today, PayScale, Inc., the leader in modern compensation, will kick off a two-day thought leadership event called Compference 16 in Seattle, Washington. More than 250 executives and HR practitioners will gather at the event to discuss modern approaches and technologies for transforming compensation into a strategic lever for growing their business. Representing a variety of industries, PayScale customers will discuss industry trends in compensation and demonstrate how analytics, machine learning and cloud software allowed them to move compensation beyond the spreadsheet and modernize their business practices.
"Attracting and retaining the right talent in our competitive industry is central to our strategy, as the success of our business is directly dependent on the caliber of our people and their level of engagement," said Justin Gagnon, CEO of Bay Area food technology company, Choicelunch. "We're joining other PayScale customers at Compference to share our story and to learn more about using pay strategies for building deeper, more trusting relationships with our employees. Taking good care of our people ensures they'll take good care of our customers, which is the key to building a strong, healthy and sustainable business."
The Compference sessions designed to help companies modernize their compensation practices include:
- Breakouts on industry trends and hot jobs: Discussion on the impact of compensation in specific industries including healthcare, non-profit, high-tech and manufacturing/supply chain
- Customer 'compensation makeover' presentations: The diverse set of PayScale customers include Associated Bank Corp., Futaba, BambooHR, Sungevity, HPM Building Supply, Frontline Education, Choicelunch, Chewse, Associa and Baylor University
- Discussions on current issues: Attendees will learn about compliance with the new Fair Labor Standards Act and how to address gender pay equity through a conversation with executives from Apptio, Moss Adams LLP and author Ruchika Tulshyan
- Two keynote addresses: PayScale CEO Mike Metzger will discuss 'The Modern Compensation Manifesto' and NPR science correspondent and author of 'The Hidden Brain,' Shankar Vedantam, will discuss social science research and unintended biases in the workplace
- A roadmap for the future: PayScale Chief Product Officer, Dave Smith, will showcase PayScale's vision for fair, transparent and modern compensation management
"We are thrilled to provide this forum for our customers to share their experiences and we look forward to hearing their stories about using modern compensation strategies to increase performance, productivity and revenue," said Tim Low, Senior Vice President of Marketing at PayScale. "Compference is another step forward in PayScale's vision to help companies engage their employees with fair, transparent and modern solutions and market-based pay practices."
For more information about Compference, please visit https://payscale.swoogo.com/compference or follow #Compference16 on twitter.
PayScale powers compensation solutions in the cloud to provide immediate visibility into the right pay for any position. Creator of the world's largest database of rich salary profiles, PayScale offers modern compensation software and real-time, data driven insights for employees and employers alike. More than 5,000 customers from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies use PayScale Benchmark™, PayScale Insight™ and MarketPay. These companies include Dish Network, Getty Images, Skullcandy, Bloomberg BNA and Time Warner. For more information, please visit: www.payscale.com or follow PayScale on Twitter: http://twitter.com/payscale