SOURCE: Peak Load Management Alliance
VALLEJO, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 13, 2014) - The Peak Load Management Alliance (PLMA) is now accepting nominations of the best demand response programs and practices offered in calendar year 2013 for its 11th Annual PLMA Award Program. Deadline for submittals is February 28, 2014. The awards will be presented at the 15th PLMA Spring Conference set for April 15-16, 2014 in Denver, Colorado.
The PLMA Award Program recognizes those energy industry leaders who create innovative methods to meet peak load needs, mitigate price risks and manage variable generation. Demand response has grown from simply reducing peak loads to balancing supply and demand for increased efficiency and reliability of a smarter grid. Demand response and other methods to balancing intermittent power loads are becoming even more important as renewable energy becomes a larger part of electricity supply.
"There were a lot of innovative and creative demand response programs being operated during the year 2013," said Greg Wikler, Director, Energy Practice, Navigant and PLMA Awards Committee Chair. "This Awards program is a way to recognize and highlight the best of these programs."
- Innovative Application of Demand Response Technology Award
- Innovative Demand Response Program Design Award
- Outstanding Demand Response Customer Award
- Outstanding Independent System Operator/Regional Transmission Operator Demand Response Program Award
- Outstanding Utility/Retailer Demand Response Program Award
- Outstanding Individual Contribution Demand Response Award
The awards will be presented based on criteria which include (where appropriate):
- Value of demand or energy reductions during peak periods
- Program clarity, flexibility and ease of participation
- Program management
- Innovative use of technology
- Customer performance/satisfaction/awareness
- Cost effectiveness
- Long-term viability
For more information, visit http://www.peaklma.org/?page=Awardnom2013.
About Peak Load Management Alliance. The Peak Load Management Alliance (PLMA) is a non-profit organization founded in 1999 as the national voice of demand response. It is a community of experts and practitioners dedicated to sharing knowledge, education and providing resources and expertise to advance the demand response marketplace. PLMA's over 50 member organizations represent a broad range of energy professionals and industries -- private and publicly owned utilities, technology companies, energy providers, curtailment service providers, meter and equipment suppliers, system integrators, research organizations, consultants, and consumers. Learn more at www.peaklma.org.