NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - September 07, 2016) - Penton's Aviation Week MRO Europe (#MROE) will be held October 18-20 at RAI Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Exhibition space is almost completely sold out based on the tremendous success of MRO Europe 2015, which took place in London.
Focused on commercial aviation maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO), the event is the industry's largest in Europe featuring speakers from airlines, OEMs, regulators, suppliers, lessors, and service providers. MRO Europe is sponsored by CFM, Chromalloy, HEICO, Pratt & Whitney, StandardAero and UTC Aerospace Systems at the Platinum Level.
Attendance at MRO Europe is expected to surpass the 7,000 registered attendees for last year's conference and exhibition, with more than 600 attendees representing airlines. Each year, approximately two-third of attendees serve at the vice president, director or manager level with more than half representing a "buy/approve" influence. More than 400 service providers will be in attendance.
Attendees will hear industry leaders and executives from Ryanair, Wizz Air Hungary, Flybe, IATA, Etihad Airways, Sunexpress, Croatia Airlines, Iceland Air, Aer Lingus, and many others discuss insider and timely news. Sessions include:
- Cybersecurity and MRO
- Manpower and Changing MRO Expectations
- Engine Leasing
- Repair Technologies: Keep Up or Fall Behind
- Learning from the LCC: A Southwest Airlines Case Study
- Regulatory Update
The keynote address will be delivered by Stan Deal, SVP, Commercial Aviation Services for Boeing, who will discuss how the commercial aviation services market is changing in response to evolving technologies and improvements in the reliability and efficiency of airline fleets. He will address Boeing's plans for growth in the services space, the company's use of data insights.
Special events include:
- Live interviews on the MRO exhibition floor: Aviation Week Editors 'Examine the Experts.' James Pozzi, Online Editor MRONetwork.com, Aviation Week Network, will interview Dave Lewis, Chief Technology Officer at AJW. Lewis most recently worked for flyDubai where he was Head of Engineering responsible for fleet airworthiness, engine management, technical planning and records, and safety. LeeAnn Shay, Chief Editor MRO, Aviation Week Network, will interview Thomas Reynaert about the new airline association Airlines for Europe (A4E). The members of A4E account for nearly two-thirds of the Europe's passenger journeys and this new association is promising change and a fresh approach to promote the interests of European airlines and their passengers
- Case Study: A real-life solution to the big data challenge, presented by Pratt & Whitney
- Aircraft Maintenance: When does it make sense to use an MRO, presented by Panasonic
- Global Visibility through Innovative Logistics, presented by FedEx
- Fokker Services Schiphol Facility Tour in which transportation to and from the facility will be provided
"As the leading hub for the latest news and trends, MRO Europe sets the standard for networking with aviation decision makers and experiencing the latest technology," said Lydia Janow, Managing Director/Events & Tradeshows, Aviation Week Network. "MRO Europe grows year after year with a record number of 7,000 registered attendees in 2015. We expect to surpass that number this year making it our most successful event to date."
MRO Europe registration hours are Monday, October 17, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, October 18, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Wednesday, October 19, 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.; and Thursday, October 20 to 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Exhibition hours are Wednesday, October 19, 10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Thursday, October 20, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
ABOUT AVIATION WEEK NETWORK
Penton's Aviation Week Network is the largest multimedia information and services provider for the global aviation, aerospace and defense industries. Industry professionals rely on Aviation Week for analysis, marketing and intelligence. The product portfolio includes Aviation Week & Space Technology, AC-U-KWIK, Aircraft Blue Book, Airportdata.com, Air Charter Guide, Air Transport World, AviationWeek.com, Aviation Week Intelligence Network, Business & Commercial Aviation, ShowNews, SpeedNews, Fleet and MRO forecasts, global conferences & exhibitions in the MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul) industry and aerospace & defense conferences.
Click here to learn more about Aviation Week MRO Events; follow @AvWeekEvents; and like us at facebook.com/avweek.
Penton is an innovative information services company that empowers nearly 20 million business decision makers in markets that drive more than 12 trillion dollars in purchases each year. Our products inform with rich industry insights and workflow tools; engage through dynamic events, education and networking; and advance business with powerful marketing services programs. Penton is the way smart businesses buy, sell and grow.
Headquartered in New York, Penton is privately owned by MidOcean Partners and Wasserstein & Co., LP. For more information, visit http://www.penton.com or follow us on Twitter @PentonNow.