SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Feb 14, 2013) - UserVoice, the complete customer service solution on the web, today announced the company is giving back $258,000 in annual revenue to its customer base through the implementation of a new pricing structure. Under this new model, every customer -- both existing and new -- will now gain access to both of the company's core products, UserVoice Feedback™ and UserVoice Helpdesk™.
Today's Business Requirements Demand Next Generation Customer Service
The way companies do business is changing; as more adopt subscription-based models, the line between sales and support is blurred by the need to re-close existing business each month. Customer retention is key, but simply responding to support tickets is no longer enough. Users expect brands to engage them. The combination of UserVoice Feedback and UserVoice Helpdesk creates the positive feedback loop that companies need and consumers expect, which is why the company has shifted its model to make both available to all customers.
Customers Now Have Access to UserVoice Feedback and UserVoice Helpdesk Under One Subscription
- UserVoice Feedback provides the tools to gather and prioritize customer feedback. Based on crowdsourcing, this product makes it easy to collect feedback from customers via a simple forum where ideas are then prioritized by user votes.
- UserVoice Helpdesk provides a means for routing, managing and following up on inbound support requests in a multi-user environment. Helpdesk's easy-to-use UI is equipped to manage support tickets and generate instant answers to support requests. This solution also includes Inspector -- a tool designed to aggregate information about the customer who submitted the support request all in one place, making user interaction seamless and informed.
- By simplifying the pricing model to include access to both UserVoice Feedback and UserVoice Helpdesk, customers now have a comprehensive customer service solution to better serve their user base.
- A total of 43 percent of existing UserVoice accounts will be affected by these pricing changes, receiving an average savings of 27 percent.
- Under this new model, over 50 percent of existing UserVoice accounts will get added functionality (Helpdesk or Feedback) at no additional cost and will be grandfathered in at their current "below list" price on the new pricing plans.
- Overall, 87 percent of all accounts will benefit from receiving a new product for no additional cost or will see their current rate reduced.
Comments on the News
"Pricing is considered a dark art, which is why we spent countless hours and resources to determine how to properly adjust our pricing to ensure we bring quality products at the best value to our customers," said Richard White, CEO and founder of UserVoice. "We believe the key to a successful business is keeping your customers happy, and what better way to do this than to put money back in their pockets. By lowering our price points and simplifying our model, we have actually maximized our revenue. With our new pricing plan, everybody wins -- our customers are happy and our business thrives."
"At Sprint.ly the customer is king throughout the development process, which is why we built a project management solution that connects developers with front-line employees who interface with end users daily," said Joe Stump, CEO & Cofounder, Sprint.ly, Inc. "Our team uses UserVoice Helpdesk and Feedback to not only respond to our customers, but also to derive valuable insights that help us make an even better customer-centric product. The fact that UserVoice is giving money back to their customers in order to make both solutions available to everyone confirms that the customer really is the top priority."
"Building the right pricing structure for your business goes beyond traditional analysis and complicated mathematical models. The most important factor in a pricing decision is determining how much your customer values your product, and Price Intelligently helps companies communicate this value," said Patrick Campbell, CEO and co-founder of Price Intelligently. "We were thrilled to have the opportunity to apply our pricing methodology to UserVoice, and worked closely with the company to uncover the optimal price point for their business. We look forward to seeing the positive results from this change."
For more information on how to take advantage of UserVoice's new pricing plan, please visit: https://www.uservoice.com/blog/new-plans-258k-savings/
To Tweet about how UserVoice is putting people first and price second, go to: http://clicktotweet.me/Be4A21cR
The UserVoice blog
Like UserVoice on Facebook
Follow UserVoice on Twitter
Launched in 2008, UserVoice is the San Francisco-based startup that empowers companies to help and understand their users, keep them happy with great support, and be even smarter about building better products. The company's feedback forums make it easy for users to share, discuss, and vote for ideas, while its support tools enable companies to track and respond to support requests quickly and with less effort. Easy to set up and even easier to use, UserVoice can be embedded directly in websites, iPhone/iPad apps, and Facebook pages to go wherever users go. Join the more than 100,000 organizations, like Rackspace, SwiftKey, Microsoft, IGN, Zynga, and HipChat, giving their users a voice with UserVoice. Visit the UserVoice blog, and get started today for free.