SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 27, 2013) - PernixData, the leader in virtualizing server flash, announced today the availability of a new edition of PernixData FVP™ software that makes it both easy and cost-effective for Small and Mid-Sized Businesses (SMBs) to optimize storage performance completely independent of storage capacity. The SMB Edition of PernixData FVP virtualizes flash across up to four hosts, creating a clustered acceleration tier that enables IT administrators to accelerate read and write performance for all virtualized applications. No changes are required to existing server and storage infrastructure, delivering maximum storage performance with no disruptions.
"Many small and mid-sized companies today sacrifice storage performance for cost when they invest in entry-level storage arrays," said Jeff Aaron, vice president of marketing at PernixData. "While these products deliver cost-effective capacity, they provide limited IOPS and cannot scale with demand. PernixData FVP eliminates this trade-off. For the first time ever, SMBs can now afford the scale-out storage performance they need by using server side flash in conjunction with their existing arrays. No expensive storage upgrades are required."
"The SMB Edition of PernixData FVP is now a key part of infrastructure that helps deliver value to our business," said Pete Koehler, IT manager and virtualization architect at Tecplot. "By relieving I/O pressure on our overwhelmed back-end storage, we have improved code compiling times for our Software Development team without requiring an expensive storage upgrade. In addition, we now have a flexible storage architecture that can be easily tailored for our unique workload requirements. Investing in more storage arrays, or upgrading expensive storage fabrics to address performance needs may be a thing of the past."
The First Flash Hypervisor
PernixData announced the general availability of FVP, the company's flagship product, in August 2013 (see previous release). All editions of FVP support the same unique functions, which include:
- Scale-out performance independent of storage capacity: With PernixData FVP, increased storage performance is as simple as clustering more server side flash. Performance can be architected based on specific VMs or application requirements rather than being exclusively tied to data store requirements.
- Seamless deployment: The PernixData FVP technology leverages the investment in infrastructure that companies already have in place. The software is deployed in less than 20 minutes, with no changes (or reboots) required to VMs, servers or primary storage.
- Clustered platform compatible with all VMware operations: PernixData FVP uses patent-pending Flash Cluster™ technology to enable any host to remotely access the flash device(s) on any other host in the cluster. This technology enables PernixData FVP to seamlessly support all VMware operations and products, such as vMotion, DRS, HA, Snapshot, VDP, Site Recovery Manager™, Horizon View™ and vCloud Director®. Live migrations and distributed resource management functions continue to operate transparently with PernixData FVP, with no changes to workflows and no hits to application, network or storage performance.
- Full read and write acceleration with fault tolerance: PernixData FVP is the only server side solution to support full read and write (write through / write back) acceleration for maximum performance across all virtual applications. Writes are replicated across clustered hosts to ensure complete fault tolerance.
FVP Availability and Pricing
PernixData FVP version 1.0 is generally available today through PernixData channel partners.
The following two editions make FVP affordable for companies of all sizes:
- The Enterprise Edition of PernixData FVP is sold on a per host basis, with no limit on the number of hosts or VMs deployed. There is also no limit on the number of processors or flash devices supported per host. List price for the Enterprise Edition of FVP is $7,500 (USD) per host.
- The SMB Edition of PernixData FVP includes licenses for up to 4 hosts, with a maximum of 2 processors and 1 flash device per host. Up to 100 VMs can be supported across these hosts. List price for the SMB Edition is $9,999 (USD).
To download a free 60 day trial, go to www.pernixdata.com/trial.
Tweet this: .@PernixData delivers new FVP software bundle for SMBs to accelerate storage performance using server side flash http://tinyurl.com/lmj8zlr
PernixData is fundamentally changing how storage is designed and operated in virtual data centers. The company's flagship software product, PernixData FVP, virtualizes server side flash to enable scale-out storage performance that is independent of capacity. No changes are required to VMs, servers or primary storage, ensuring maximum performance of all virtualized applications in a seamless, scalable and cost- effective manner.
Based in San Jose, California, PernixData was founded by virtualization experts and backed by industry luminaries in the software space. For more information, please visit www.pernixdata.com and follow us on Twitter @PernixData.
Copyright © 2013 PernixData, Inc. All rights reserved. This product is protected by U.S. and international copyright and intellectual property laws. PernixData, FVP, Flash Hypervisor and Flash Cluster are trademarks of PernixData, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other brands, products, marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks or service marks of, and are used to identify, products or services of their respective owners.