TORONTO, ON--(Marketwired - December 14, 2016) - The Canadian Gift Association (CanGift) is thrilled to announce Pharmasave Broadmead in Victoria, B.C. as the 2016 Retailer of the Year.
Locally owned and operated by Andrea Hyndman, Satnam Lalli, and Michelle and Dave Jeske, Pharmasave Broadmead opened in 1991, recently celebrating 25 years in business. At the entrance of the 10,000 square foot store, customers are greeted with vignettes of beautifully displayed giftware and décor items from around the world, and around the corner. The giftware department encompasses over 2,000 square feet of retail space with brands, such as Indaba Trading, Abbott, Torre and Tagus, Bovi and many more.
"It is an incredible honour to win Retailer of the Year from the Canadian Gift Association," says Rhea Cavelti, store manager of Pharmasave Broadmead. "Being awarded this from our peers is very humbling. Our team is inspired by our customers and the thrill of finding the perfect products for them."
The store is involved in many fundraising campaigns including Canucks for Kids, Canadian Cancer Society and Variety the Children's Charity. Local non-profit groups, schools and community fundraising efforts have also been strongly supported. In addition, the team has won the Pharmasave Charity Champions Regional Award six years in a row and Pharmasave Store of the Year seven times in the last 24 years.
CanGift's Retailer of the Year Awards are based on criteria that are vital to retail success including: visual merchandising and store design; business achievements; advertising and public relations; and community involvement. The winners are officially awarded at the Salute to Excellence Awards Reception, hosted by celebrity designers Glen Peloso and Jamie Alexander at the Spring 2017 Toronto Gift Fair.
2016 winners in other categories include:
- Retailer of Distinction: Twisted Tree Nipawin Florist Inc.
- Retailer of Distinction: Parkland Nurseries & Garden Centre Ltd.
- Supplier of the Year (Large): Giftcraft Ltd.
- Supplier of the Year (Medium): Grand International Trading
- Supplier of the Year (Small): House of Koopslie
- Supplier of the Year Honourable Mention (Large): Splash International Marketing Inc.
- Supplier of the Year Honourable Mention (Medium): North American Country Home
- Supplier of the Year Honourable Mention (Small): Timbers
- Sales Representative of the Year (Independent): Larry Deszcz
- Sales Representative of the Year (Corporate): Frances Windsor Hicks
- Sales Representative of the Year Honourable Mention (Independent): Ann Courchesne
- Sales Representative of the Year Honourable Mention (Independent): Gord Gallant
- Sales Representative of the Year Honourable Mention (Corporate): Karen McElwain
About the Canadian Gift Association
CanGift is a national not-for-profit association dedicated to improving competitive capabilities and business effectiveness by giving suppliers and retailers opportunities to interact in Canada's $10 billion giftware industry. CanGift owns the Toronto, Alberta and Quebec Gift Fairs. For more information or to preview new and creative product, please visit cangift.org.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/12/14/11G125140/Images/2016_Retailer_of_the_Year_2-940ef9bfeca08b358f36f2eee6389f54.JPG
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/12/14/11G125140/Images/2016_Retailer_of_the_Year_4-341ee3ff08229b84bcef7d3687f5913a.jpg
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/12/14/11G125140/Images/2016_Retailer_of_the_Year_1-59308a33eb5bad26b5b1718b99ac70ab.JPG
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/12/14/11G125140/Images/2016_Retailer_of_the_Year_3-f68d71d9d70b803e97e99501304c9b88.JPG