SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Mar 18, 2014) - Game Developers Conference, (Booth #2441) -- GenieDB, a provider of a leading Database-as-a-Service solution for MySQL, today announced that Phyken Media, the creator of the popular Wizard Ops Tactics mobile game, relies on GenieDB's MySQL Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) to meet 30 percent growth in its player base and user demands for high availability. GenieDB is ideal for gaming platforms because it delivers fast, local performance; no latency or downtime; elastic scaling; master-master replication with auto-healing and conflict resolution; management and monitoring, all within a native MySQL environment.
GenieDB Globally Distributed MySQL Database-as-a-Service allows organizations to build large scale, multi-region, multi-master, high performance applications. The GenieDB solution is built within standard MySQL; so Phyken developers were not required to add code wrappings or use other database languages to distribute their gaming data. GenieDB provides game developers several benefits:
- Fast, Local Performance. With multi-cloud, multi-data center architecture, GenieDB lets game developers build out databases that are geo-distributed -- giving players fast performance wherever they are.
- No Latency or Downtime. GenieDB eliminates the database as a single point of failure. In fact, GenieDB provides the only database that protects from regional outages, ensuring continuous database availability that enables games to stay up 24x7.
- Elastic Scaling. Changing capacity on existing servers and/or adding new nodes to the cluster is a snap, requiring just a few clicks.
- Master-Master Replication with Auto-Healing and Conflict Resolution. GenieDB's architecture allows for instant failover with high availability and no additional database administrator resources.
- Management and Monitoring. GenieDB provisions, manages and monitors the databases for game developers who can easily access information on database performance, analytics and usage via the GenieDB management console.
- No Added Resources required for Coding. GenieDB is a MySQL platform so developers don't need to migrate data to a NoSQL solution.
"Our player base is growing quickly," said Kunal Patel, CEO, Phyken Media. "Using GenieDB has made it incredibly easy for us to cover our geographically distributed players without having to worry about daily maintenance and management of the databases."
"Savvy gaming companies like Phyken can focus on building new gaming features instead of logging hours managing databases," said Cary Breese, CEO, GenieDB. "Working with GenieDB, Phyken can ensure that their players have uninterrupted access, around the world."
Meet with GenieDB and Phyken Media at the Game Developers Conference March 17-21 in San Francisco at booth #2441. Read more about the Phyken-GenieDB partnership here.
GenieDB, Inc. provides the first database technology that enables enterprises to globally scale their existing MySQL applications without incurring the costs and pain associated with abandoning traditional database architecture. By dramatically simplifying the migration of enterprises into cloud-based infrastructures, GenieDB brings global scalability to the mainstream. GenieDB's innovative and patent-pending approach automates and optimizes how data is processed across global networks and clouds, providing readily accessible, local database performance on a global scale. GenieDB is available on AWS (Amazon Web Services) Marketplace, Google Cloud Platform, HP Cloud, Rackspace Cloud Tools Marketplace, and others and is headquartered in San Juan Capistrano, California. Follow us on Twitter @GenieDB or visit us online at: www.geniedb.com.