SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Dec 4, 2012) - PlayHaven, the leader in player relationship management and monetization solutions for mobile games, has revealed User Segmentation, the latest free addition to its market-leading toolset. PlayHaven's User Segmentation allows mobile developers the flexibility to act in real time on key data in order to engage and address each audience group in a meaningful and effective manner. Combined with the power of PlayHaven's industry-leading suite of lifetime value maximization tools, User Segmentation hands developers the control to strategically respond to player behavior and optimize the effectiveness of in-game marketing, customer relationship and monetization campaigns.
"Most mobile game developers are not monetizing their audiences as well as they could be," said Andy Yang, CEO, PlayHaven. "The key to maximizing revenue is understanding who your users are, where they are in the lifecycle of your game, and how to manage them accordingly. PlayHaven's User Segmentation tool is designed to help developers categorize their players and take action in real-time in order to capture what are otherwise missed opportunities."
Playhaven's User Segmentation delivers instant access to advanced consumer data that can be viewed across broad or narrow slices based on developer needs. The tool analyzes the most granular player behaviors, defines unique segments and provides the ability to take action on these insights directly in the PlayHaven dashboard. User Segmentation attributes include:
- Context -- location, language, network connection, hardware, operating system and game version
- Player Engagement -- time spent in a game, number of sessions, last session
- Spending Behavior -- total amount spent in a game
Over 500 game companies such as Glu Mobile, Booyah, Digital Chocolate, Game Circus and Namco Bandai have already started leveraging PlayHaven's User Segmentation tools to better engage with their millions of players directly in their games.
User Segmentation creates new opportunities to display targeted content in order to engage unique segments with the most effective campaigns. A few examples of how mobile game developers are already leveraging User Segmentation to maximize the lifetime value of their game include:
- Expand on your relationship with your whales by gathering valuable information such as email address, gender, age, or phone number by targeting this group with an Opt-In Data Collection campaign.
- Convert purchase prone users to spending players by offering special discounts on in-app purchases to highly engaged players non-paying users.
- Balance ad monetization by showing ads at a different frequency to different segments of users based on a number of characteristics such as geography, spend history, and time spent within the game.
Many segmentation features are currently available in older versions of the PlayHaven SDK. To experience the full segmentation package, integrate the latest PlayHaven SDK version 1.12.1.
To learn more about PlayHaven's User Segmentation, visit www.playhaven.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a live demo. Follow PlayHaven on Facebook and Twitter.
PlayHaven is a comprehensive relationship management and monetization platform for mobile games developers and publishers that enables revolutionary insight into customer behavior and real-time optimization. Since May 2010, customers including Glu Mobile, Pocket Gems, Game Circus, Fluik and Halfbrick leveraged PlayHaven's sophisticated player lifecycle management tools to increase the business value of their games.