CAMBRIDGE, MA--(Marketwired - Nov 4, 2013) - Plexxi, creator of the industry's first affinity-driven networking solution, today announced the Plexxi Pod Switch Interconnect and the Plexxi Data Services Engine to help companies cost-effectively manage and scale their networks. The announcement of Plexxi's second-generation product strengthens Plexxi's visionary role at a time when the networking industry is focused on application-centric infrastructure. Plexxi has been focused on application-centric networking since 2010.
The Plexxi Pod Switch Interconnect and Plexxi Data Services Engine offer an adaptable, DevOps-friendly pod architecture that allows companies to add network capacity at extremely low cost as they adopt software-defined networking (SDN) technologies that are fundamentally changing the data center.
"Plexxi was founded with a focus on application-centric infrastructure so we're pleased to see new momentum in the industry that follows that approach," said Mat Mathews, co-founder and vice president of product management at Plexxi. "Adding capacity to the network, managing networks cost effectively, and scaling to meet future needs are real issues companies face. The Plexxi Pod Switch Interconnect and Plexxi Data Services Engine give companies the flexibility to succeed tomorrow by building smart today."
The Plexxi Pod Switch Interconnect
Managed by Plexxi Control, a software controller that manages multiple pod deployments, the Plexxi Pod Switch Interconnect delivers an SDN-driven, optically connected switching solution designed specifically for data center pod deployments. The Plexxi Pod Switch Interconnect is optimized for application workloads in cloud and enterprise environments.
Product features include:
- A familiar hub-and-spoke cabling model that is easy to maintain.
- Pre-configured pod sizes of six, 12 and 36 switches, each capable of supporting 72 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Extender ports that allow virtually unlimited growth by adding new pods as network needs change.
The Plexxi Data Services Engine
The Plexxi Data Services Engine platform delivers a data integration point for infrastructure and application data within the network.
Customer benefits include:
- The ability to create a dynamic data integration framework for the data center that allows information about application resources to be easily captured and continuously updated.
- The ability to write complex workflows using simple languages such as Python or Ruby, enabling data processing in ways to suit customer needs.
- The ability to easily integrate with popular infrastructure automation / DevOps tools such as Opscode's Enterprise Chef with prebuilt connectors and community-supplied connectors.
The Plexxi Pod Switch Interconnect will be available on Dec. 15. The Plexxi Data Services Engine framework is available now, allowing Plexxi to create complex dynamic integrations directly with customers. The source code that enables the Plexxi Data Services Engine is expected to be contributed to an open source community in the first quarter of 2014.
For more information, visit http://www.plexxi.com/2013/11/pods-orchestration-scale/
About Plexxi, Inc.
Plexxi is the creator of the industry's first affinity-driven networking solution. Plexxi's products -- Plexxi Control and the Plexxi Switch -- create an optimized network that dynamically helps applications perform better. The company has raised $48+ million in venture financing from Lightspeed Venture Partners, Matrix Partners and Northbridge Venture Partners. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Plexxi also has offices in Nashua, N.H. and San Francisco, Calif. For more information, visit www.plexxi.com or follow us on Twitter @PlexxiInc.