DENVER, CO--(Marketwired - Apr 23, 2013) - Plink (www.plink.com), an online-to-offline rewards program that motivates members to make offline purchases, today announced the launch of the Plink mobile app on Apple's iOS platform. The Plink mobile app can be downloaded for free at the iTunes App Store (http://bit.ly/ZzUDUs) beginning immediately.
Upon download, current Plink members will be able to manage and track their account on-the-go and non-Plink members will be able to create an account, then link the credit or debit card of their choice and begin earning rewards by purchasing offline at more than 50,000 restaurant, retailer and travel provider locations nationwide, including Arby's, Burger King, Dunkin' Donuts, Outback Steakhouse, Regal Cinemas and Taco Bell, to name a few.
"Increasingly, the traditional website isn't the only way consumers want to access and engage," said Peter Vogel, co-founder and CEO of Plink. "We believe mobile is integral to our long-term strategy and will likely become the primary way our more than 500,000 members interact with Plink in the coming years."
Plink's mobile app's features include:
- Plink Wallet: Manage and browse restaurant and retailer locations where Plink can be earned for dining-out and shopping offline.
- Account Access: Track Plink Points rewarded, where those points were earned and how many points are needed or if the current balance qualifies for a reward, which can be redeemed for gift cards from more than 25 leading brands.
- Check-In and Share: Check-in at participating restaurants and retailer locations to earn bonus Plink Points and share Plink's online-to-offline rewards' experience via Facebook and Twitter.
- Location-Based Services: Find nearby Plink partners based on a member's exact location where Plink Points can be earned by purchasing offline.
- Promotions and Special Offers: Receive push notifications of promotions and special offers from Plink on-the-go, like the ones delivered via Plink on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/plinkdotcom, as well as account updates.
"Extending to mobile is the first step forward in our strategy," said Bryan Tyler, co-founder and CTO of Plink. "We're already working on enhancements to the app, including redemption of Plink points, ways to earn more rewards through photos, reviews and referrals, and gamification elements."
The Plink mobile app was developed in partnership with LoHi Labs (www.lohilabs.com), also based in Denver. LoHi Labs is focused on building high performance mobile applications.
Backed by Grotech Ventures (www.grotech.com), Plink launched in early 2012 with an array of national restaurant partners. Over the past year, new restaurants, several retailers and travel providers have joined Plink's online-to-offline rewards program. Plink's goal is to motivate and reward its members for any and every offline purchase they make by partnering with national brands in every imaginable category.
Plink is an online-to-offline rewards program that motivates members to make offline purchases. Plink members create an account at Plink.com, then link the credit or debit card of their choice, and begin earning rewards by purchasing offline at more than 50,000 restaurants, retailers and travel providers nationwide, including Arby's, Burger King, Dunkin' Donuts, Outback Steakhouse, Regal Cinemas and Taco Bell. Plink rewards members with Plink Points which can be redeemed for gift cards from more than 25 leading brands. Plink's pay-for-performance advertising model provides offline brands with a risk-free way to drive sales and build loyalty. For more information, visit www.plink.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/plinkdotcom or on Twitter @plinkdotcom.