WAYNE, PA--(Marketwired - Nov 5, 2013) - Point.io, a provider of document-centric modern middleware solutions to enhance mobile security and collaboration in the enterprise, today announced the addition of PointFlow to its development platform. PointFlow is a mobile business process management (BPM) solution specifically targeted to enhance the productivity and effective execution of document collaboration. With PointFlow, businesses can track, monitor and more easily manage the stages of document collaboration from end to end -- across mobile devices.
"Today's modern enterprises need BPM solutions that thrive on sharing content not constrained by device or location. While companies have historically invested big money in large BPM solutions, sharing content often fell outside the scope of these traditional approaches," said Ron Rock, CEO of Point.io. "Now with the onset of mobile devices, sharing content on-the-go has become more prevalent than ever. Point.io is focused on moving beyond the traditional to enable collaboration that will impact workflows, insights and ideas in any environment. PointFlow will deliver this critical piece of the enterprise puzzle to enable both operational oversight and greater productivity in the age of a global enterprise."
PointFlow's features include:
- Collaboration Assignment: Owners share content with a pre-determined users who can review, edit and collaborate on a project -- with the ability to individualize each person's assignment
- Timeline Management: every pre-determined collaborator can be designated a personal timeline for completing their assigned task
- Customized Reminders: individual reminders and alerts for action can be set to each person's assigned task to ensure completion by deadline -- including emails, calendar invites, SMS and push notifications
- Progress Tracking: content owners are able to view the progress of an assigned project through a dashboard -- giving insights into who has yet to complete a task and the percentage of likelihood that the task will be completed by the assigned deadline
- Integration Data: the data insights collected by PointFlow can be integrated into any larger enterprise BPM solution to give companies insight into how collaboration is factoring into overall company performance
"The features we have added to PointFlow create a new level of transparency for day-to-day business process management," said Tim Panagos, CTO of Point.io. "In today's modern enterprises, technology can give users an advantage to reach their business goals on time and efficiently. This is the first BPM built with mobile in mind -- right down to the push notification reminders. With PointFlow users can truly manage and fulfill all of their content creation from any location, with ultimate simplicity."
PointFlow supports Point.io's launch goal for enterprises and developers to easily build applications that integrate public and behind-the-firewall content in a secure and compliant way, without copying or synching files to other locations, and provides enterprises with a way to manage every stage of content collaboration. Content owners can determine the pathway of a project from beginning to end -- assigning specific owners to complete specific stages of collaboration by a specific timeframe. At every stage, the owner of the project can assign controls to manage the flow of productivity and ensure the project stays on course.
PointFlow is immediately available for deployment under the Point.io mobile middleware portfolio. The PointFlow RESTful API is available through Point.io's beta program for registered developers and partners.
Point.io is a modern middleware platform that enables organizations to share and access documents behind the firewall and in the cloud from any location on any device. Using the Point.io API-enabled integration platform, IT executives can reduce the time to develop powerful, document-centric applications, incorporating behind the firewall and web or cloud-based content, from years to weeks, which reduces time to market and cost to deliver. Point.io's technology delivers mobile backend as a service (MBaaS) to support rapid development and adoption of applications to meet the growing demands of mobile employees, Digital Rights Management to control access and collaboration of documents outside the firewall, and Storage Connectors, to manage Cloud migration strategies.
For more on Point.io, visit www.point.io. Connect with Point.io on Twitter (@point_io), and LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/company/point-io)