LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwired - June 23, 2016) -
- Two-Day Politics, Comedy, Film and Art `State of the Union' Festival June 25-26 at Pasadena Convention Center
- @Politicon including: Gov. Sarah Palin, Libertarian candidate Gov. Gary Johnson, President Vicente Fox, Larry Wilmore, Glenn Beck, James Carville, Ann Coulter, Roseanne Barr, Van Jones, Robert Davi, Greg Proops, Jay Pharoah, Sen. Barbara Boxer, HUD Secretary Julián Castro, Sen. Ted Lieu and more
Politicon (www.politicon.com), the Unconventional Political Convention, comes to the Pasadena Convention Center this Saturday, June 25 and Sunday, June 26 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets are on sale at http://www.politicon.com and start at $15. For complete event schedule visit http://politicon.com/schedule.
Over 50 panels and 100 speakers will participate at the nonpartisan fan fest for politics and entertainment nerds. Politicon will feature a mix of speakers and performers including politicians, pundits, comedians and entertainers. At a time when the future of the U.S. is being driven at the polls, on the streets and on social media, Politicon will tackle the leading social issues facing the country in two days.
Some of Saturday's programming includes:
- "The Bernie Panel" (12:30-1:30) with Eugene Robinson, Touré, Bill Burton, Hal Sparks, Ana Kasparian, Paul Begala
- "Is Trump A Psychopath?" (12:30-1:30) with Jon Ronson, Greg Proops, Dr. Ben Michaelis, Lizz Winstead
- "How We'll Get To Mars" (2-3 p.m.) with Bill Nye, Casey Dreier, Bill Adkins, Lori Garver
- Sen. Barbara Boxer one-on-one (3-4 p.m.)
- Ann Coulter vs. Van Jones (3:30-4:30 p.m.)
- tumblr Presents: "The State of LGBT Equality" (5-6 p.m.) with Sally Kohn, Kasey Suffredini, Drian Juarez, Hal Sparks and Clay Aiken in Equality Hall
- "A Letter to my Grandchildren with Glenn Beck" (6:30 p.m.)
Sunday programming includes:
- "Battle of the Coasts: LA Takes on the Ivy League in the Citizenship Debate" with Clay Aiken
- "The Dean Scream" screening and q&a with Nicole Boxer (1:30-2:30) and "I Voted?" screening (1:30-3)
- "Tech & Privacy" (2:30-3:30) with Jason Leopald, Rep. Ted Lieu, Dr. Vince Houghton, Jason Leopold and Xeni Jardin
- Gov. Sarah Palin in conversation with James Carville (3-4 p.m.)
- "The Political Insult Comic" (3:30-4:30) with Greg Proops, Al Madrigal, Darrell Hammond, Jay Pharoah, Anthony Atamanuik and James Adomian
- "In Conversation with President Vicente Fox" (4:30-5:30) President Vicente Fox, Al Madrigal, Alejandra Campoverdi
- "Sunday Night Comedy Hour" featuring Jay Pharoah, Darrell Hammond, Al Madrigal, Greg Proops and Touré
For a full schedule and list of panels/programs at Politicon, or to buy tickets, visit www.politicon.com. To apply for press credentials, click here.
Politicon is the annual politics and pop culture conference, addressing and discussing issues that are core to the country, citizens and residents of the United States. The non-partisan conference brings together politicians, pundits, comedians and entertainers from across the cultural spectrum for a weekend of comedy, panels, book signings, radio and TV broadcasts, debates, podcasts, interviews, film screenings, meet & greets, and much more. www.politicon.com.
Follow Politicon: @polticon
The following files are available for download: