SOURCE: California Women's Conference
LONG BEACH, CA--(Marketwired - May 1, 2014) - The power of unity, connections and cooperation are key elements in the progression of women and, with such collaboration, working women and global organizations at large have abundant opportunity to advance. It is this mindset that drives this year's star-studded 29th Annual California Women's Conference to be held at the Long Beach Convention Center on Monday, May 19th and Tuesday, May 20th, 2014. A star-studded lineup is set to grace the event stage to enlighten attendees on the importance of men, mentors, family and community in fostering the success of working women, as well as an array of other compelling topics to help aspiring female professionals grow and succeed in business. Key event speakers, including some of those available for interview, include Arianna Huffington, legendary reporter Jane Pauley, author of Chicken Soup for the Soul Series Jack Canfield, and actress Rosie Perez (view full list down below). The speakers, panels and breakout sessions will be focused on key subjects that impact achievement ability, namely Career Life, Social Life, Financial Life, Physical Life, and Community Life.
The topics to be covered at the conference are critically important given that, while women are 50.8 percent of the U.S. population earning almost 60 percent of both undergraduate and Master's degrees, also holding almost 52 percent of all professional-level jobs, American women lag substantially behind men when it comes to their representation in leadership positions (CAP, Catalyst, Center for Economic Development).
"Women can lead the future," said Patterson at the recent "Power of Collaboration Global Summit" held at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City where IBM and other global organizations convened with dynamic international leaders to discuss and develop new, groundbreaking tactics for women to collaborate to accelerate to higher levels of impact. This riveting discussion was the precursor for what Patterson and her team of elite speakers will bring to this year's California's Women's Conference.
Key event speakers, including those who are available for interview, include the following:
- Arianna Huffington (available for select interviews)
- Jane Pauley (available for select interviews)
- Jack Canfield, author of Chicken Soup for the Soul Series (available for interviews)
- Rosie Perez, Actress (available for select interviews)
- Tracey Broughton, Miss America 2011 (available for interviews)
- Amanda Steinberg, Founder of Daily Worth (available for interviews)
- Van Moody, Author of 'The People Factor' (available for interviews)
- Lisa Nichols (available for interviews)
- Bob Proctor
- JJ Virgin, NY Times Best Selling Author (available for interviews)
- Patrice Washington, Financial Expert Steve Harvey (available for interviews)
- Dr. Marissa Pei, Organizational Psychologist to Fortune 1000 Companies (available for interviews)
- Phil Pallen, Celebrity Social Media Expert (available for interviews)
- Michelle Patterson, President of California Women's Conference (available for interviews)
- View full list online at: http://californiawomensconference.com/2014-speakers/
In addition to speakers, the conference has also received overwhelming sponsor support with the roster now including Delta, UCLA Health, Edwards Life Sciences, Google, Logitech, Luxe Travel, Miller Children's Hospital Long Beach, World Education University, Charter, KFWB Newstalk 980, Lead Like A Girl (LLG), The Success Transformation, Courtney Covan Skin Studios, and Custom Comfort Mattress.
About The California Women's Conference
For nearly thirty years, women in California have enjoyed a conference that provided a forum for building successful businesses, strengthening careers, and positively influencing the world around them. The California Women's Conference will continue the tradition of empowering women and providing resources in every aspect of their lives, and embracing philanthropy by donating a portion of programming and proceeds to participating charitable organizations. For more information visit www.CaliforniaWomensConference.com.