February 23, 2017 17:33 ET
Limits Apply to Registered Political Parties, Candidates and Third Parties in the Federal By elections
GATINEAU, QUEBEC--(Marketwired - Feb. 23, 2017) -
• The Acting Chief Electoral Officer has released the preliminary election expenses limits for political parties and candidates, and election advertising limits for third parties, for the federal by-elections in Calgary Heritage (Alberta), Calgary Midnapore (Alberta), Markham-Thornhill (Ontario) and Saint-Laurent (Quebec).
• Preliminary election expenses limits for political parties running a candidate:
- Calgary Heritage
- Calgary Midnapore
• Preliminary election expenses limits for candidates:
• The final election expenses limits for parties and candidates will be available on Monday, March 27.
• Limits for third parties in the following electoral districts:
• Election expenses limits for political parties and for candidates, as well as election advertising limits for third parties, are established in accordance with the Canada Elections Act.
Ready to vote
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.
Elections CanadaMedia Relations1-877-877-9515www.elections.ca
See all RSS Newsfeeds