TUSTIN, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 1, 2017) - Premier Holding Corporation (OTCQB: PRHL), an energy reseller in deregulated markets and provider of energy efficient solutions, announces that the application to be recognized as owner of a power supplier by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission was authorized Friday, January 27, 2017.
PRHL's President and CEO Randall Letcavage stated: "The company felt we should make this announcement the moment it was confirmed with the understanding that at a later date we will issue another release with a more complete explanation of the positive impact this event has on the company. This is a major accomplishment and a critical part of our larger plan to provide 'everything energy' to our thousands of clients. This event may dramatically increase PRHL's overall revenue over the next 18 months based only on last year's production by our marketing arm."
A link to the announcement can be found on FERC's website by searching docket number: EC17-32-000.
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or FERC, is an independent agency that regulates the interstate transmission of electricity, natural gas, and oil. FERC also reviews proposals to build liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminals and interstate natural gas pipelines as well as licensing hydropower projects. The Energy Policy Act of 2005 gave FERC additional responsibilities as outlined and updated Strategic Plan. As part of that responsibility, FERC:
- Regulates the transmission and wholesale sales of electricity in interstate commerce;
- Reviews certain mergers and acquisitions and corporate transactions by electricity companies;
- Regulates the transmission and sale of natural gas for resale in interstate commerce;
- Regulates the transportation of oil by pipeline in interstate commerce;
- Approves the siting and abandonment of interstate natural gas pipelines and storage facilities;
- Reviews the siting application for electric transmission projects under limited circumstances;
- Ensures the safe operation and reliability of proposed and operating LNG terminals;
- Licenses and inspects private, municipal, and state hydroelectric projects;
- Protects the reliability of the high voltage interstate transmission system through mandatory reliability standards;
- Monitors and investigates energy markets;
- Enforces FERC regulatory requirements through imposition of civil penalties and other means;
- Oversees environmental matters related to natural gas and hydroelectricity projects and other matters; and
- Administers accounting and financial reporting regulations and conduct of regulated companies.
About Premier Holding Corporation
The Company's mission is to acquire clean technology companies and/or green products and services that are accretive and that can be seamlessly integrated and utilize the overall economics of such products and services for the benefit of its customers. Through subsidiaries we offer renewable energy production, energy efficiency products and services to commercial middle-market companies, Fortune 500 brands, developers and management companies of large-scale residential developments. Additional integrated business offerings include direct energy services as power purchase agreements (PPAs), energy financing and leasing of generation programs in urban and rural real estate environments, lighting efficiency systems and refrigeration systems. For more information visit PRHL Investors Relations: www.prhlcorp.com.
Premier Holding Corp. Safe Harbor
This press release contains certain statements that may include "forward-looking statements" as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are often identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "believes," "expects," "anticipate," "optimistic," "intend," "will" or other similar expressions. The Company's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements as a result of a variety of factors, including those discussed in the Company's periodic reports that are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission and available on its website at http://www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements attributable to the Company or persons acting on its behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by these factors. Other than as required under applicable securities laws, the Company does not assume a duty to update these forward-looking statements.