GETTYSBURG, PA--(Marketwire - Jun 14, 2011) - In anticipation of the 150th Year Anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg, Stage of Life LLC, a loyalty and marketing agency in York, PA, helped the Gettysburg Foundation refresh its membership website, FriendsofGettysburg.org, for 40,000 members and contributors.
The website gives history buffs, Civil War enthusiasts, and those who care about the preservation of Gettysburg's Civil War significance a wide array of interactive features including:
- Photo sharing of ancestors who fought in the Civil War or a recent visit to Gettysburg.
- Essay sharing to upload Civil War stories passed down through the generations or an observation about the battlefield.
- Park ranger's preservation blog.
- Historical blog, "This Great Task Before Us" profiling Union and Confederate soldiers.
- Gettysburg Rewards, a perks program offering discounts around Gettysburg, PA.
- Registration for members-only events.
- Member announcements from the Rupp House.
- Online store to purchase Civil War apparel, books...
- And more.
The Gettysburg Foundation's Chief Development Officer, Jerry Moore, said, "Stage of Life delivered a totally unique experience for our members... we've received nothing but positive feedback."
Since its launch, the interactive website has hosted over 10,000 visitors.
Eric Thiegs, CEO of Stage of Life LLC, added, "We're honored our firm was selected to develop this project. It's a chance to help preserve our nation's history."
About: Stage of Life LLC builds customized membership websites, partnership marketing alliances, and perk programs. It operates www.stageoflife.com; a free blog website providing writing contests, printable coupons and a place to share your life's story.
About: The Gettysburg Foundation is a private, non-profit educational organization working in partnership with the National Park Service to enhance preservation and understanding of the heritage and lasting significance of Gettysburg. In addition to operating the Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitor Center, the Foundation has a broad preservation mission that includes land, monument and artifact preservation, battlefield rehabilitation and education -- all in support of the National Park Service's goals at Gettysburg.
For information about the Foundation, the Friends of Gettysburg (the membership component of the Gettysburg Foundation), visiting Gettysburg, or becoming a part of the history of Gettysburg through your contribution, visit www.gettysburgfoundation.org or call 717-338-1243. For ticket information for the Museum and Visitor Center, call 877-874-2478.