SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 16, 2012) - Virsto® Software, an innovative provider of VM-centric storage hypervisor software, today announced continued company momentum and a record quarter, capping a record FY12 with 500 percent year-over-year growth for the company's fiscal year ending July 31, 2012. In addition to new products and storage hypervisor innovation, Virsto experienced accelerated customer traction around the world and across industry verticals, including healthcare, transportation, education and technology.
Virsto saw increased enterprise demand for a simpler and more cost effective approach to storage for virtualized environments across multiple use cases, including VDI, test & development, database virtualization and private cloud implementations. During the company's fiscal Q4, existing customers continued to significantly expand their Virsto deployments, while the company signed new enterprise deals in both the Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware markets.
New customer implementations added in recent months include:
- AVG, a global leader in security software, protecting more than 110 million consumers and small business computer users
- Microsoft, the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential
- OSIsoft, the world's leading highly-scalable and secure infrastructure for the management of real-time data and events
- Koch Logistics, a transportation logistics company providing 3rd party shipping, transportation, and distribution services
- University of CA, a California university system that includes more than 220,000 students and more than 170,000 faculty and staff
- Dimence, a provider of mental health care located in the Netherlands with more than 2,400 employees in 60 locations
- Mochahost, a provider of professional hosting, web design, e-commerce, and Internet promotion services
- Fiserv, a leading global provider of information management and electronic commerce systems for the financial services industry
- San Diego State University, the largest institution of higher education in the San Diego region and one of the largest in California
FY12 company milestones include:
Virsto developed the first and only storage hypervisor purpose built for VMs. A close partner of VMware, Citrix and Microsoft, the company has a track record of innovation in storage and virtualization. Virsto's software enables customers to reap the full benefits of server and desktop virtualization.
"Virsto's 500 percent revenue growth was spectacular. The strong customer and market response to the storage hypervisor, in both the Hyper-V and VMware markets, and its key role as the missing link to delivering the software-defined datacenter, gives us tremendous momentum."
-- Mark Davis, CEO, Virsto
"Virsto has developed differentiated storage hypervisor software that takes a unique approach by delivering a range of crucial storage management services -- such as high performance, thin provisioned snapshots and clones -- at the VM level, while still reducing or removing the IO bottlenecks that plague many virtualized environments. Virsto delivers the abstracted storage resources necessary to achieve the requisite high utilization and extreme flexibility that are the storage hallmarks of a software defined datacenter."
-- Mark Peters, Senior Analyst, ESG
Tweet This: Virsto delivers over 500% revenue growth and continued storage hypervisor leadership in latest fiscal year http://bit.ly/N4Ily5
About Virsto Software
Virsto Software delivers the industry's first VM-centric storage hypervisor, changing the economics of storage in virtualized environments. Virsto improves storage utilization by up to 90 percent, increases performance by up to 10x, and accelerates VM storage provisioning by more than 99 percent. Virsto reduces the cost and complexity of storage for VDI, test and development, tier I application virtualization, cloud computing and other virtualization initiatives. Founded in 2007, Virsto is backed by leading Silicon Valley venture firms. For more information, visit www.virsto.com.