SOURCE: Prospect Capital Corporation
NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Mar 13, 2014) - Prospect Capital Corporation (NASDAQ: PSEC) cordially invites current and potential investors to join us for an interactive webcast for an overview of PSEC on Tuesday, March 18th at 12:30 p.m. ET.
- What: Prospect Capital Corporation Overview - Investor Webinar
- When: March 18, 2014 @ 12:30 p.m. Eastern/9:30a.m. Pacific
- Where: (Webcast Lobby)
- How: Live Online - Click the link below to join and log-on.
- Contact: Carlynn Finn - 212.792.2095. firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTER TODAY: (Webcast Lobby)
Join us Tuesday, March 18th to learn what sets PSEC apart from its peers, the current position of the company, and strategies we use to maximize shareholder value.
Prospect Capital Corporation (PSEC) seeks to maximize total returns to its investors, including both current yield and equity upside.
- Publicly traded, closed-end investment company that has elected to be regulated as a business development company under the Investment Company Act of 1940, as amended that completed its IPO in July 2004.
- Current dividend yield of over 12.0%.
- Provides flexible private debt and equity capital to sponsor-owned and non-sponsor-owned middle-market companies in the U.S. and Canada.
- Invests primarily in first lien and second lien senior loans and mezzanine debt, which in some cases include an equity component in a wide variety of industries.
- Positive exposure to rising interest rates with 91% of assets floating rate and 100% of liabilities fixed rate.
- $6.0+ billion in assets and available credit.
- Corporate rating of BBB by S&P and BBB+ by Kroll.
- Payment of continuous, monthly dividends to investors.
- Focus on generating both current income and long-term capital appreciation through debt and equity investments.
- Rigorous credit analysis and monitoring of investments resulting in nearly 0% non-accruals (0.3% as of 12/31/13).
ABOUT PROSPECT CAPITAL CORPORATION
Prospect Capital Corporation (www.prospectstreet.com) is a business development company that focuses on lending to and investing in private businesses. Prospect's investment objective is to generate both current income and long-term capital appreciation through debt and equity investments.
Prospect has elected to be treated as a business development company under the Investment Company Act of 1940 ("1940 Act"). Prospect is required to comply with a series of regulatory requirements under the 1940 Act as well as applicable NASDAQ, federal and state rules and regulations. Prospect has elected to be treated as a regulated investment company under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986. Failure to comply with any of the laws and regulations that apply to Prospect could have an adverse effect on Prospect and its shareholders.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, whose safe harbor for forward-looking statements does not apply to business development companies. Any such statements, other than statements of historical fact, are highly likely to be affected by other unknowable future events and conditions, including elements of the future that are or are not under Prospect's control, and that Prospect may or may not have considered; accordingly, such statements cannot be guarantees or assurances of any aspect of future performance. Actual developments and results are highly likely to vary materially from any forward-looking statements. Such statements speak only as of the time when made, and Prospect undertakes no obligation to update any such statement now or in the future.