SOURCE: SurePayroll, Inc.
GLENVIEW, IL--(Marketwired - March 18, 2014) - One of the greatest recurring expenses for a small business is payroll. Its impact goes beyond the bottom line as small business payroll is about paying mortgages, feeding families and not running afoul of local, state and federal regulations. Approximately 33 percent of small businesses nationwide trust their payroll to an outside source. SurePayroll, a leader in providing online payroll to small businesses nationwide provides some important tips to help protect your small business when choosing a payroll provider.
"When it comes to your payroll -- you want to ensure you have peace of mind. Not only that your employees are paid accurately and on time, but also that your taxes are being filed accurately and on time. And there is a lot of sensitive data at stake," said SurePayroll CEO and President Michael Alter. "There are services that can really help small business owners. Asking the right questions and demanding the answers will help protect your business."
SurePayroll suggests small business owners ask the following questions:
1. Is the provider registered with and do they have any complaints registered against them with the Chamber of Commerce, Better Business Bureau or state Attorney General's office? Check out complaints -- not just whether there are complaints but also the nature, and whether or not those complaints have been resolved. Also you'll want to know if there has been a rise in complaints in recent months or years.
2. Has the provider passed appropriate IRS assurances?
3. What is their credit report score of the company? You may want to run a credit report on the provider for a small fee so you can get a clear window into their recent credit history.
4. How many clients do they serve and for how long? Ask them to list clients who have been with them for many years. Then call a few. Ask whether they noticed any service issues. Ask if the clients have had problems with filings in the past. Ask whether any of those clients verified that filings have indeed been made.
5. How does the provider keep your information secure? There is a lot of sensitive data at stake. You'll want to ensure the company provides cutting edge security technologies and techniques to keep your data secure and available when you need it. Ask if their data center is alarmed and monitored 24/7.
For more payroll and tax tips, small business owners can visit The Payroll Blog at http://blog.surepayroll.com/payroll-and-taxes.
SurePayroll is the trusted provider of easy online payroll services to small businesses nationwide. Whether a business has 1, 10, or 100 employees, SurePayroll delivers peace of mind by combining innovative, industry-leading technology and personalized support from an award-winning, U.S.-based customer care team. SurePayroll also provides private-label and co-branded services for accountants and banking partners as well as offering efficient online solutions for managing 401(k) plans, health insurance, workers' compensation, employee screening and more. SurePayroll is a wholly owned subsidiary of Paychex. For more information, please visit www.SurePayroll.com. Follow us on Twitter - Circle us on Google - Connect with us on LinkedIn - Like us on Facebook.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider of payroll, human resource, insurance, and benefits outsourcing solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses. The company offers comprehensive payroll services, including payroll processing, payroll tax administration, and employee pay services, including direct deposit, check signing, and Readychex®. Human resource services include 401(k) plan recordkeeping, section 125 plans, a professional employer organization, time and attendance solutions, and other administrative services for business. A variety of business insurance products, including group health and workers' compensation, are made available through Paychex Insurance Agency, Inc. Paychex was founded in 1971. With headquarters in Rochester, New York, the company has more than 100 offices serving approximately 570,000 payroll clients as of May 31, 2013. For more information about Paychex and our products, visit www.paychex.com.